Chapter 3

As you wake you notice a red head sitting next to you.
"Hi I'm Natasha but everyone calls me Nat" she smiles at you.
"Hi" you reply groggily.
"Can I get you anything" she asks.
"Any chance of a shower and some clean clothes?" you ask.
"Of course" she smiles at you.
"Good Morning Ladies" Bruce says walking into the room beginning to check the machines.
"Everything is looking good, let me just change the dressing on the shoulder wounds" he says walking towards you and you nod. You flinch a little as he removes the old dressing and cleans it.

"How did she get them?" Clint asks Tony as they watch from the other room.
"She didn't say" Tony turns to face Clint "How long since you seen her?"
"It's been 18 years" Clint looks at you with remorse in his eyes.
"Wow" Tony replies stunned.

"Alright you are all good" Bruce says after changing your final dressing.
"Thanks" you smile at him.
"I will get you something to help with the pain" Bruce turns to get you painkillers "here take a couple of these every 4 hours if you feel you need them but don't take on a empty stomach" he explains.
"Thank you" you say as you hear your phone go off, you notice a text from Sam and reply quickly. You decide to text Bobby as well just to let him know you are okay.
"How about that shower?" Nat asks.
"You can't get the bandages wet" Bruce states.
"I can help wash you hair and then we can run a shallow bath so you can try and rinse yourself a bit" Nat smiles at you.
"I should be able to do it" you try and argue.
"Really with a shoulder you can't move and bandages you can't get wet" Nat replies giving you a look.
"Fine I guess you are right" you reply as she helps you off the bed.

"Where you two going?" Bucky asks as he and Steve enter the room.
"Helping Y/N clean up a bit" Nat replies.
"Do you need anything?" Steve asks.
"No I think Natasha has it covered" you half smile at him.
"I told you it's Nat"
"Right sorry" you reply. As you walk out the room you see Clint and Tony stood talking.
"You okay kiddo?" Tony asks.
"Right as reign" you reply.
"Need any help with anything?" Clint asks.
"Don't need help from you" you reply while walking out, Nat gives him a sympathetic look and Clint just sighs.

"Give her time" Tony says patting Clint on the shoulder "Let her warm up to Nat and then she can try and talk to her"
"I know you're right" Clint sighs.
"I'm sure she will come around" Steve says approaching them "She's got a wall up you just need to try and slowly break it down" he half smiles.
"Hopefully her speaking to Nat will help" Bucky adds.

As Nat helps wash your hair in the sink you can't help but miss Dean and Cass. Before Cass came along it was Dean mostly who helped you when you sustained any serious injuries and you needed help. You hated relying on people, but somehow a small few broke your barriers. You found Dean annoying and cocky at first but eventually that was one of the things you liked about him. Your thing started of as meaningless sex whenever you both felt the need and it happened to be a lot, life on the road wasn't exactly a relationship lifestyle. However somewhere along the line things got muddled but you both avoided the conversation. Then Dean and Cass went missing on a hunt and Sam stopped hunting so your world felt like it was falling apart. I mean it still is, it's been over 6 months and you are still no closer to finding out what happened, so you've thrown yourself into hunting the one thing you are good at.

"Where's your mind?" Nat asks as you didn't notice a tear slipping out.
"Oh nothing just thinking that's all" you say wiping the tear with your good arm.

"All done" Nat smiles at you after she finishes your hair "I can braid it if you want while I run the bath?"
"Sounds good thank you, so what is it you lot do?" you ask.
"You really don't know, it's quite refreshing actually. I guess some call us superheroes" Nat replies.
"Superheroes seriously" you reply rolling your eyes.
"The alien attack on New York we were the ones that helped stop it" Nat replies.
"That was you guys, I mean I heard about the attack but apart from that didn't read anything else" you say giving the best shrug you can "So you battled aliens that's kinda cool"
"I mean it wasn't at the time. Clint told me about you, he regretted leaving and did try and find you" Nat says as she turns off the bath.