Chapter 4 - A Little Detour

Yn was tired. The last few nights weren't good, like at all. He was terrorized by nightmares and strong feelings of homesickness that often kept him up for hours. The soothing humming of Sahra and the soft Wind rustling through the trees didn't really help him stay awake. But still he still managed to. Walking around these woods gave him enough adrenaline to keep going…at least for the next few hours.

"You good back there?" Sahra asked, glancing over shoulder. Her tail swayed behind her, as she waved her arms around with every step. Yn looked at her and nodded.

"Yeah", he rubbed the bridge of his nose and looked down at the rolled up map in his hand. He still couldn't believe that the frogs just gave it to them. Even after looking like they really needed it themselves. But since it helped Yn to get closer to his goal, he took it. With a silent sigh he opened the map and looked at it. The entire island was pictured on it, and it took him and Sahra some time to pinpoint their location, but thanks to Sarah's admittedly lacking memories, they agreed that they must be south of Newtopia.

Yn looked at the map through narrowed eyes, his gaze fixated on the red line he drew towards Newtopia from their previous location. His fingers traced the lines etched onto the surface, his touch lingering on the faded edges where the paper had worn thin. He tried to find a faster way to Newtopia, but instead he found something Else.. something more interesting. He stopped and looked at the small point; it was a pillar with the word 'Ruin' written under it. He hummed to himself in curiosity as he studied the marking. It was small, barely noticeable amidst the other markings, but it held a strange allure that drew Yn's gaze.

"Hey, Sahra!", He called out, his voice rising about the sounds of leaves and twigs breaking under their steps. "Come Look at this!"

Sahra stopped in her tracks and gazed back at Yn over her shoulder, her eyebrow raised. "What's up?" She asked walking back to Yn, skipping over stones and twigs. She swung her arms around, as she walked up to him, and put them behind her back, when she stopped next to him. She smiled at him with big eyes and awaited an answer. Yn looked at her. He still couldn't believe how innocent she seemed, especially totally destroying that group of toads. She just didn't seem like someone capable of doing that. And the worst thing is, that she wasn't able to watch it! He shook His head.

"You know how I wanted to rush us to Newtopia?"

Sahra tilted her head and seemed more confused than before. Well, atleast if Yn was able to read her expression correctly. That's something he often struggled with. He got it right most of the time, but he also got it completely wrong more often than he cared to admit.
"Yeah, I remember." She nodded, her ganze flickering over the map. She fixed her eyes on one Point , when Yn pointed at the ruin Mark.

"Well, Scratch that.", he said and then looked at her with a smile. "Let us make a little detour there. I want to search for a ruin now"

Sahra blinked in surprise, her lips curving into a soft Smile. "A ruin? What kind of ruin?"

Yn shrugged, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Who knows? That's the fun of it, isn't it? It could be anything - a forgotten temple, a lost city, maybe even buried treasure!"

Sahra laughed, her eyes sparkling with amusement. Though there was something else. Was it greed? "Well, you've definitely piqued my interest. Lead the way, adventurer!"

Yn looked at Sahra with a bit of suspicion but just shook it off. Everyone was a bit greedy, right? Especially when the heat that there may be a forgotten treasure nearby! And so, Yn set off once more, his footsteps quickening as he followed the trail towards the mysterious ruin. The thrill of the unknown was a heady brew, and Yn drank deep, eager to discover what secrets lay hidden amidst the ruins of the past.