[PROLOGUE]

[A/N] If you like the chapter please consider to vote and leave a comment. That shows me that you enjoy the story and motivates me to continue it. I hope you have a wonderful day!

"Olivia, could you please come to the laboratory and look for the asset? He's back from a mission and we need him back in Cryo as soon as possible!"

A man in his 40s put his head through the door of the scientists break room where Olivia was currently sitting, having dinner and reading a book in Russian. Her boyfriend Brock Rumlow had told her that she needed to improve her Russian if she wanted to communicate with the asset. The Winter Soldier - that was what some of the people on the base called him - was HYDRA's most valuable asset and Olivia was one of the leading scientists to take care of him. Wipe his brain, get him back into cryofreeze to preserve his body, treating his wounds and even checking on his metal arm from time to time. Well she was not a medical doctor or a technician, but she organized that people looked out for him so that he was in the best possible shape. 

Olivia knew him her entire life as she was born on this HYDRA base. Her mother was the leading scientist before her. When her mum worked with the Winter Soldier she was in the same room all the time - starting from the time she was a newborn. Her mum - Melody - raised her to a scientist as well and taught her all the stuff she needed to know to take care of the asset in the future. Olivia only left the base once and that was on her mother's funeral. 

That was five years ago and ever since that day, HYDRA gave her more and more responsibility. During the time the asset was awake and doing missions to save the world, she was organizing everything around him: Letting his wounds treat by doctors, letting his arm check by technicians, letting his gear repair and making sure he always was ready for a next mission. A lot of that contains resetting his mind with the famous "torture chair". At least that was what everybody called the metal chair that made electricity shot through the asset's body to wipe his brain and start him all over. This wasn't necessary all the time but sometimes he started to became too human - emotions and memories clouding his perfectly shaped assassin brain. 

When the asset was under Cryo she was in charge to make sure that the scientists team was working properly on new stuff to make HYDRA even better. She had one team under her lead that was in charge of re-creating a super soldier serum, but they were not very successful. Over the last decades HYDRA tried it multiple times, but never had been able to re-create it. This time it didn't look better, but they were still trying. 

"Olivia, did you hear me?" the male voice brought Olivia back to reality. She raised her head and looked at the man with confusion in her eyes.

"Pardon, what?" she said while closing the book in her hands.

"The asset. We need to prepare him for Cryo. He's back from the mission and won't be needed in the next weeks."

"Sure! I'm coming." 

And with that being said she shoveled the last three crackers into her mouth and followed the man while munching on the food. The base was huge and winding, but she knew every hallway by heart. As a kid she loved to play hide and seek with her mother or some random soldiers that sometimes took care of her when her mother was working. She could still tell the best hiding spots in the whole base and sometimes she even went there to have a few moments of piece and silence. When everything was a bit too much and she needed to take a deep breath.