[ONE]

[A/N] If you like the chapter please consider to vote and leave a comment. That shows me that you enjoy the story and motivates me to continue it. I hope you have a wonderful day!

TW: Kind of smut, but nothing serious so I won't mark the chapter with an *

"Is he back under?" Brock asked when he entered the lab Olivia was currently standing in. After wiping his brain the Winter Soldier fell unconscious and it was easy to get him into the cryo chamber in the attached room. Olivia was used to observe his vitals after putting him back under. For this sake this lab was attached to the room with the cryo chambers and through a large window in one of the walls he could see the Winter Soldier sleeping peacefully in one of them. 

Normally she only observed his vitals for an hour, but today it had been three full hours since the cryo chamber closed and she was still standing in front of the monitor that showed his heart rate. The steady up and down of the line in front of her let Olivia fall into a meditative state.

She was still confused and her heart still ached for the man with the metal arm. His scream still echoing inside of her ears and she could see the small glimpse of blue behind his grey eyes. Who was the asset and what had happened to him in the last decades? 

Questions that had flooded and overwhelmed her brain three hours ago and all she felt right now was confusion.

As Brock stood behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder, Olivia flinched. She hadn't heard him talk to her before and was caught in surprise.

"Baby, are you okay?" Brock asked while he spun Olivia around in his arms so that she was facing him. He could see the dried tears on her cheeks and furrowed his brows in concern.

"I am okay. Sorry, I was just a little zoned out." she mumbled - not able to look him in the eyes.

"I can see that you cried. Tell me what is wrong, baby."

"The asset.." Olivia started carefully and could see Brock's facial expression change from concern to anger. It wasn't much of a secret that he hated The Winter Soldier. Although Olivia never really understood why. 

"What's with him?" Brock hissed and Olivia's eyes widen. Should she really continue her sentence or would this ruin their evening? After that day all she wanted to do was forget. Lay in Brock's strong arms, kiss his neck and maybe let him do the stuff with her that he teased earlier. 

"Nothing. Sorry, it was just a long and exhausting day." she smiled but her smile didn't reach her eyes. Brock thankfully didn't realize. 

"Maybe I can make you relax a little." Brock whispered while he carefully nudged his teeth on her exposed neck. Olivia tilted her head to the side - giving him better access. She closed her eyes and was finally able to not see the constantly changing vitals of the asset in front of her. Maybe it was time to finish work and head to their shared room.