十一: The Sea, Tale and Heart

Finding a new job right after losing one wasn't only difficult, it was nearly impossible. Not to mention, Junkyu got the first job because of Hyunsuk's connection. Now that there wasn't any, and that Jihoon wasn't an influential guy either, they struggled to find a suitable job for Junkyu. On top of that, Junkyu was yet to receive his pay since Bangchan, the café owner was out of town for a few days. Junkyu had been quite off since that day, and Jihoon did not take it well. He was trying really hard to get the man a job, but well, he had his limit as well.

However, he had other ways to make the latter smile. And one of them was to take Junkyu somewhere nice. Someplace capable enough to make him smile. And that was none other than his very own hometown- Busan. He decided to take a few days off just to take Junkyu to his parents' house, where the sea sings lullabies day and night, where the breeze takes off any hint of frustration, and more importantly, where Junkyu can take a break from everything.

The night Jihoon asked him for the trip was yet another normal night of them lying next to each other. After careful consideration, Jihoon asked the half sleepy boy about beaches, Junkyu smiled while answering that he absolutely loved seasides.

"Well then, do you want to escape this town with me?" Jihoon asked. Junkyu turned around to ask, "Where to?"

"You'll see." Jihoon said, "Just say that you're okay traveling with me."

Junkyu gave him a nod, "I'm okay with anything you do, Jihoon."

And that's it. Jihoon ended up taking him in a hug that night, soon on a bus the next morning. Junkyu wasn't used to bus rides. Understandable, as he has rich parents. But the good thing about the taller is that he never once complained. Although he felt sick in the middle, threw up half on his shirt, kept his head on Jihoon's shoulder the entire time, he didn't once say that he felt bad. Jihoon did regret not being rich enough to afford a more comfortable ride, he made up with sincere care. The way he looked after Junkyu for the long bus hours, anyone would say that they were already really close. He didn't care though. To him, making the sad boy smile was the most important thing. He partly succeeded because when they reached Jihoon's beautiful town, Junkyu breathed out in exclamation.

He liked it. He liked it very very much.

"Jihoon! This is such a beautiful place! I can't believe you live here!" He exclaimed. Jihoon put an arm around his shoulder with a smile, "Do you wanna take a look around or rest first?"

"I wanna eat first." Junkyu said shyly, "I'm hungry."

Jihoon had a light beat skip when the younger pouted. He avoided eye contact immediately, by saying that his mother had cooked delicious lunch for them. Junkyu got excited soon, pretty nervous too when Jihoon took him to his parents' house for the very first time.

"God! I'm gonna meet your parents, Ji! I'm so scared!" Junkyu whined. Jihoon chuckled, "Why? It's not like I'm bringing home my date."

Junkyu shook his head, "You don't understand! None of my friends' parents ever liked me."

"Why?" Jihoon was still laughing in disbelief.

"I don't know... Maybe I'm just dumb."

"Well that's true." Jihoon shrugged. Junkyu hit him on the arm, "Not funny."

"Okay okay. I get it." Jihoon said, "But rest assured, my mom's gonna love you."

"How?"

"Because I do!" Jihoon blurted out, immediately regretted his choice of words. Lucky for him, Junkyu didn't make a big deal out of it. He foolishly nodded, as if it was given that Jihoon would indeed 'love' him.