二十五: The Elixir of Life

The ever familiar green meadow welcomed Junkyu. Unlike before, the place looked more lifeless and dull- as if the absence of Junkyu for so long had ruined the boring field. The grass was less green, the sky less blue. And there was no purpose for Junkyu. He wasn't looking for someone, he wasn't running, he simply had no business there!

Yet Junkyu stood there staring at the horizon. He knew in his heart that the meadow would answer him. For the first time, he entered the field voluntarily. He needed answers. He needed the truth. He needed to know where he could find the solution to his problem- the elixir of life.

Junkyu walked on the pale, soft grass. He asked the non existent butterflies where he should go. He looked for the same glass wall that stopped him every time. But there was nothing. Nothing at all. Everything, everywhere was the same. Junkyu turned around, took a few steps and then returned again. He was getting frustrated. He really hated the scene- because every time he crossed the damn sky, he'd feel horrible!

Junkyu became tired after walking for so long. He took a seat on the ground. He imagined hearing the sound of crickets, imagined watching fireflies and smelling the sweet scent of flowers. He thought about Jihoon. It immediately made him smile. The graceful face of the man he loves- better than those flowers or fireflies. It's a wonder that Junkyu found him in this meadow!

Right! This place has to be the solution!

Junkyu touched the grass, and the same way once he did, he tried removing some of those green leaves. It worked. The grass that was never rooted easily slid past his hands, and he saw a faint, very faint glow. He tried to focus on the light, there was an unclear image of something- or someone, Junkyu couldn't quite understand. But he guessed.

"Jihoon?" He asked. He immediately heard a swirl of wind pass him by. It was strong, cold. He looked at the sky, it suddenly darkened.

"Park Jihoon? Is that you?" He asked again. This time, a very loud bolt of thunder answered him. Junkyu stood up all scared. It had never happened before. The green meadow he knew had always been calm and gentle. The faint glow near his feet strated to grow; but Junkyu who focused on the rogue sky had no idea. He missed that the small opening started to widen, and it reached all the way to his feet. When Junkyu felt the absence of ground underneath his feet, he looked below. But before he could even protest, he fell down at the pull of gravity.

And the hole over his head closed to form a pitch black hollowness where Junkyu saw darkness only.

And he was falling face down in a tremendous speed!

Junkyu tried to stay strong, tried to hold onto something, swim his way through absolute nothing but it didn't seem to work. He kept falling and with no pit to reach to, he felt scared. It was suffocating, blinding! There was no swish of wind, no touch of hot- or cold. It was a sensation less, uninterrupted fall towards a hollow black hole. Junkyu closed his eyes shut- tried to focus on the living images he could imagine. He thought of his parents, his pets, his friends, and then Jihoon. Even amidst the dark surrounding him, he found light in those faces. He reached his arms to hold onto the light- and he suddenly felt something under his feet. A red burst of light glowed on his closed lids- meaning- he had found light. He opened his eyes immediately. To his delight, a beautiful garden welcomed him. There were all sorts of butterflies and some other insects he didn't know of. There were fireflies and small birds. Junkyu's lips spread into a smile. The sight was so pretty that he forgot about the reason of his arrival. He made a walk instead. On the live green grass, surrounded by blue sky and a gentle sound of river flowing. Junkyu spotted a large oak tree right in the middle of the garden. What looked like small fairies encircled the tree. Junkyu's eyes sparkled with numerous stars upon noticing them. They were tiny- and adorable. Some even flew over Junkyu's head- probably wondering what a lone human could do in their peaceful abode.