Meeting

Kuran Kaname

You stood unsurely between the two purebloods as your tiny hands clutched onto the long, delicate fingers belonging to Kuran Juri. Said woman gave you a reassuring look as Haruka addressed his children who were staring back at you. 

"Kaname, Yuki, this is Y/N." Haruka told the siblings. "She will be living with us from now on. Please, be kind to her."

He placed his hand gently on your back while urging you softly forward. You stepped forward while shyly looking down at your own feet. When you looked up, you saw the young pureblood princess smiling cutely at you, which gave a bit more courage. Enough for you to speak at least. 

"Hello," you greeted with a timid smile. 

Yuki's smile widened at you as she reaches out to take your hands. She dragged you over to the toys she had on the carpet, and after having you sit with her, she handed you the white rabbit toy. You thanked her while starting to relax. Though you stiffened slightly when Kaname sat next to Yuki. His dark eyes watching you closely as if you were some kind of danger. This had you shrinking back slightly. 

'...scary...'  You thought as you lowered your gaze. 

If you had looked up at that moment you might have noticed the slight change in Kaname's expression. How his eyes had softened as he took in your meek demeanor while realizing you weren't a threat but someone else to protect like his Yuki. 

Kiryū Zero

You let out a sigh as you were cooking dinner for you and Yuki. Your uncle was still out and not knowing when he'd be back, you took it upon yourself to cook. As you were cracking a few eggs to make omelets, you heard Yuki answering the front door and speaking with someone. You frowned because you had told her plenty of times not to just answer the door so carelessly.

"Yuki, that better be the old man and not a stranger you just opened the door for," you began as you walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.  "Or worse Kuran." 

You added this under your breath as you weren't the biggest fan of the pureblood who had an obvious liking for the young brunette.  You then blinked when seeing it was Kaien and not some stranger. Though your uncle wasn't alone. There was a boy with him. A boy with striking silver hair and hollowing looking lavender eyes.  Kaien held a sad smile on his face as he looked to his niece and adopted daughter.  

"Yuki, Y/N, I would like for the both of you to meet Zero." Kaien said. "He's going to live with us starting today."

Yuki just continued to stare curiously at the boy as you noted the boy resembled a ghost. It was like he wasn't really there, or he'd rather not be. You weren't sure what the boy must have just gone through to come out looking so lost and broken. The only thing you did know what standing there and staring wasn't helping anyone.

"Yuki, why don't you run a hot bath for Zero?" You suggested as you moved forward. "I'll finish dinner while you're doing that, okay?" 

Yuki nodded then went to do as she was told as you tugged Zero gently by the wrist into the house and out of the cold.

"Old Man, make yourself useful and find him some clean clothes." You ordered your uncle. 

"Y/N-chan, why must you be so mean to your loving uncle?~" Kaien whined. "Actually, why won't you call me daddy? I raised you!" 

You rolled your eyes at his dramatics before looking to Zero.  

"We'll get you warmed up and fed, okay?" You assured him.  "And don't worry about the old man, he gets easier to deal with."