Second Encounter

Kuran Kaname

"Kaname, will you please go wake up Y/N?" Juri asked the young male who was watching Yuki play. "I would like her to join us for dinner."

Kaname nodded obediently then left the living room to go to your room. He quietly opened the door then peeked inside to see you all curled up in your blankets. You had a peaceful expression on your face as you snoozed soundly. Kaname found his lips turning up slightly at the cute look on your sleeping face as he stepped inside the room. He went over to your bed while sitting on the edge of it.

"Y/N, it's time to wake up." Kaname said to you as he gently shook your shoulder.

You let out a small groan before your eyelids fluttered open to reveal your e/c hues. You looked up at Kaname and once your haze-filled mind caught up to what you were seeing, you stiffened. You sat up quickly while moving away from Kaname. The boy looked slightly hurt by your reaction, but he understood it as well considering how unwelcoming he acted yesterday.

"Mother says she would like for you to join us for dinner," Kaname said as he stood up from your bed. 

As he went to leave, you felt a wave of sadness. Knowing you had hurt his feelings; you had started to tear up. You quickly reached out to grab his hand before he could get too far away. He looked back at her with his eyes widening when he saw your tears.

"I'm sorry," you whimpered. "I didn't mean to make you sad. Please don't be sad."

You stood up to on your bed to wrap your arms around Kaname's neck. He stood completely still for a moment before slowly putting his arms around you as well. 

"It's okay," Kaname assured you as he reached up to stroke your hair. 

"No," you disagreed as you held him tighter. "Not okay."

Kaname chuckled at your stubbornness before he carefully lifted you up to take you to where the rest of the family waited. 

"I won't be sad anymore," Kaname assured you. "So, please, don't cry."

You nodded in return as you held him closely around the neck. Your earlier fear of him long forgotten as he held you gently as if you were made of glass. 

Kiryū Zero

"Y/N-chan, Yuki-chan, Zero-kun~ it's time for breakfast!" Kaien called loudly from inside the house.

You shook your head at your uncle's shouting as you remained outside. Wanting to enjoy a few more moments of peace before having to go inside.  It seemed you weren't the only one wanting some peace and quiet as the door opened to reveal Zero. You looked towards him curiously as he stepped outside and shut the door behind him. He glanced towards your momentarily with neither one of you speaking. 

"...Is he always like that so early in morning?" Zero asked.

"He's like that 24/7." You replied with a chuckle.

Zero made a face at this bit of information before he sat on the opposite side of the bench you were currently sitting on. Neither one of you spoke as you soaked in the peace around you. You glanced over at Zero noticing the look in his eyes growing darker the longer he stared forward at nothing in particular. It was like the boy was stuck in his own head. Maybe replaying a unhappy memory. Deciding not to let the boy slip into such dark thoughts, you opened your mouth to speak.

"Uncle said we'll be going into town to shop for some clothes for you," You said gaining his attention. "Maybe we can stop at Yuki's favorite cafe while we're there. I think you might like some of the food there."