Reborn

The words were a sputter. Her voice was sticky and garbled, and her eyes unfocused.

And her ears were ringing.

But she could feel.

Tons of arms wrapped around her, tears soaking into her crinkled tunic.

Following that, lots of glass bottles were held to her lips, with odd elixirs pouring down her throat.

She continued hacking and wheezing bit.

Eventually, the ringing in her ears finally settled, and the first thing to greet them was an all too familiar deep voice.

Except this time it was very shaky.

Her eyes focused enough, to see her principal.

Magnate Leto.

Also her creator, Mr. Forkle.

His cheeks were tear stained and his eyes were red.

His eyes were wide.

"Your mind was broken...several telepaths such as Tiergan and myself tried to enter your mind, but all we found was darkness. How did you...?"

"I...was still aware. It's like my mind didn't let me go."

She met his eyes and he met hers.

"How?"

He tilted his head, studying her.

'Like she was still his little lab experiment'
A tiny bitter part of her voiced in her head.

Venom prodded up her tongue, fighting to escape. But she was quick to shut it out.

She could deal with it later.

"I don't know."

She admitted.

"But it was like I had lost everything, but my own voice was in my head guiding me. I had to find myself and my memories. It was painful..."

She shuddered.

She almost decided to leave out the fact that three images had featured in her head, but then at last minute decided to add,

"Some images showed up in my head. Just of...people from my memories."

She chose to leave out that it was people she loved, since that would raise questions, and she would maybe have to admit Keefe was there.

And that could be saved.

She tried to recount everything but it was mostly a blur.

"I just found out who the people were, which was just a lot of you guys basically, and then had to find myself. I also got a lot of memories which brought back positive emotions and I guess I inflicted on myself to get myself back..."

She told him.

"You didn't let yourself go..."
He muttered, mostly to himself.

"I have a feeling that it was just my conscious that was broken not my subconscious."

She then walked him through what had basically happened with the details she could remember.

"Interesting..."
He stared off into the distance.

And that's when Sophie fully focused on the fact that his eyes were swollen.

Had he been...crying because of her?

That made her heart swell a bit.

She had known him for almost her whole life.

And he was sort of a father figure.