Meeting New People

Creighton brought Baby Liam with him for supper in the Kitchen when he finds Butler Donald sitting on the bench table spreading butter on a piece of sliced bread. The table is set with healthy foods. Liam's eyes sparkly widened as he drools looking at the food. Creighton sat beside Butler Donald. He placed Liam on his left lap.

Liam starts to reach for the food with his short arm. Carrie and Ashley went to join them for supper.

"You must be Creighton. Sir Donald has told us about you. I'm Carrie, Ashley's mother." she smiles as she poured the soup into her bowl.

While Ashley is putting food on her plate.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you, Ma'am Carrie." Crieghton politely greeted.

Creighton handed Liam a small portion of the shortened bread biscuit, while he mashed the potato for him.

"Oh please, just call me Carrie. And, this is my daughter Ashley." holds Ashley's left arm.

Ashley put back the basket with bread on the table as she curiously looked a little closer at Creighton's face.

"Hmmm, you for sure look handsome. Your eyes are like a stare of a tiger, so alluring. Do you perhaps have a lover?"

Ashley naively furrowed looking at Creighton. While Liam devours his mashed potato.

Creighton was in disbelief, stunned, and did not say anything.

"Ashley! watch your mouth." Carrie toned up her voice at her daughter.

"What?! I am just curious. He's a good-looking guy. I bet all the women will go head over heels for him if he goes to town?" Ashley bragged.

"Ashley! Stop it. You're making Creighton feel uncomfortable, behave yourself." Carrie nudged her daughter's arm, with a scowled face.

"It's fine." Creighton awkwardly smiled at how Ashley complimented his look.

"I don't have a lover," he slightly scratched the back of his head, awkwardly again.

Creighton knows that Butler Donald has already told them about his life and situation, and he feels fiddly about the unexpected cross-questions from Ashley.

However, Butler Donald seems not to mind them as he finds the conversation amusing while he takes a bite of his meal.

"Wow, so how old are you?" Ashley curiously asked, slouching on the table with her right hand.

Carrie again looks at her, blinking her eyes to stop her from asking too much.

"I'm 32 years old," Creighton politely said.

"Well, you're still young. You have an adorable baby Liam too. And, Lady Agatha is 25 years old. Isn't it a perfect fit for a family?" Ashley teased as she put her spoon in her mouth with food.

Ashley has just turned 18. She acts manly, quite bold yet nosy in a lot of ways. Carrie her mother has been working the same year as Butler Donald, and she knew very well about the Ashton Family. She disciplined her daughter, Ashley often to suppress herself from being nosy.

"Ashley! Stop it right now. This is not a proper way to talk about such things."

"Fine, fine, I'll stop." she waved her hand.

Carrie put a piece of bread in her mouth to stop her from talking. Ashley looks disappointed and removes the bread from her mouth with a pouting face.

Creighton's awkwardness began to subside as he smiled looking at Carrie and Ashley's witty arguments. Carrie looked at him with a calm face, while he feeds his son.

"I'm sorry for my daughter's behavior. She's just like that, talking nonsense. Just don't mind what she said earlier" Carrie awkwardly smiled.

"Not a problem, Carrie."

As Creighton look down for a moment, holding his spoon, in thought.

"A family? with Lady Agatha? that's impossible for someone like me"

Butler Donald secretly gazed at Creighton's sudden sad face.

**

Creighton prepares the bed while Liam on the floor crawled and slowly balanced himself to sit up. He wipes his eyes and slowly yawns.

Fondly looking at his son yawning.

"Come on, let's go to bed"

Creighton went to grab him, and they both lie on the bed. Liam fastly falls asleep as Creighton looked at his son sideways and gently tapped his little belly on his pajamas.

"I don't know what to do if I don't have you, Liam."

Creighton's gentle look. He pulls the duvet towards them, to keep them warm as he falls soundly asleep.