Chapter 20: White Love?

Hearing the sound of a beep, fainting into the distance, I was awake. I tried to open my eyes and they felt heavy. I heard another beep from a machine and I recognised it. I flickered my eyes opened and saw the pale ceiling above me, where the lights were fainted. I turned to look at my hand which was bandaged and as I glanced up a bit more, I saw her.

“You’re awake!” Rosabel smiled.

I nodded, “Yeah.” I glanced around the busy place, “Where am I?”

“You’re at the hospital.” She said.

I glanced down with my eyes, looking at the bed I was in, as well as, the white blanket I was covered with. Looking down again, I found myself wearing one of those hospital pyjamas. I looked at my sister, “I hate the hospital.” I whispered to her, “And you know that. So why did you still brought me here?”

Rosabel nodded, “I know.” She sighed, “But you were bleeding badly.” She paused, “So we had no choice.”

I looked at the machine that was next to me again. The device that measures my heart beat. Looking at it, just makes me want to chop it in half with my bare hands. “That thing is so annoying!”

Rosabel’s eyes widened and then smiled, “You hate it, don’t you?”

I glanced away from her, still hearing the sound of the machine beeping. “It just reminds me of mum’s death.”

Rosabel quieted, when she heard my words, “I know, what you mean.” Her voiced changed, “But it’s the past, we have to get over with it.”

I looked at her again, “You mean you’re forgiving that person?”

She sighed, “No. That’s not what I meant–”

“Whatever.” I ended her sentence, “I’m going to find that person sooner or later.”

Rosabel held my hand, “Sis.” She whispered, “I think you should just leave it, and walk away.”

I felt her warm hands touching my fingers. “How could you say that?” I glanced at her. Looking into her blue eyes, she was trying to heal my scar buried deep in my heart and veins.

“I just think it’s for best.” Rosabel replied, “Afterall, you’re the only one I have left.”

I sighed. She was my younger sister, and I’m supposed to look after her. Instead, at the moment, she was looking after me. She was only two minutes younger than me and I guess, she understands more than I do. But I just couldn’t. I couldn’t let that person kill my parents with no reason.

I glanced back at Rosabel, “No.” I told her, “I have to find this person right now!”

Her eyes focused at me, “Rosanna...”

I glared at her, “Don’t call me with that name. I hate it!”

Rosabel silenced, “What? Why are you saying that?” She looked at me with her fragile eyes, “Mum and dad named us Rosanna and Rosabel.” She paused, “I don’t understand why you hate it so much. Both of the names means, beautiful rose.”

I looked at her, “You call a bodyguard a rose?” I glanced at her, “You’re a ballerina and Rosabel fits you. I’m a bodyguard, how can Rosanna be my name?” I stopped; looking at my twin, she was worried about me, “No. Rosanna is not my name!”

I slipped off the bed, pulling the wires and things that were attached to me. Wearing the thin slippers, I glanced back at my hand, seeing Rosabel holding tight. “Let me go!” I told her.