Stir the Beans

Brittany Marie Porter
**

Friday, March 4

"Should I make Boston baked beans or just Bush's baked beans? Hmmm." I didn't realize I was talking to out loud until the lady to my right gave me a glare. I politely smiled until she went about her business to which I rolled my eyes. "People so-"

"Sorry, excuse'n Me.." She moved her bang to the left behind her ear and rubbed her eyes continuing her journey down the isle. I looked Into the direction she came from for an adult but there was nun. People just let their kids do anything now days.

Dammit Marie make up your mind. already it's just beans' I thought but this time in my head.

I stood in this isle for about another 10 minutes when she came down the way again. This time I seen the tears form in her eyes as she looked around rapidly for something. Everybody walked past this little girl so nonchalant but something wasn't sitting correctly in my stomach. I put the beans down and walked towards her. "Excuse me sweetheart you okay?"

He bottom lip quivered as the tears rolled down her caramel cheeks. She was so beautiful. I always said I wanted my child to look like this. Big Brown Eyes, long hair, caramel skin. The package. "I lost my nanny, We just moved here couple months ago and I'm scared, I don't know anybody here and I think she left the store. I'm all by myself and I've walked around like a thousand and two times looking for her."

"How bout we get you to the front and try to page her and see if she's in the store. & If not we can call your mommy, you know her number?"

"No mommy, just me and my daddy."

"We'll do you know his number?" She nodded so I pulled out my phone and handed it to her as we made our way to the registers. The phone was so big in her hands but she knew what she was doing. I glanced down at her, the jacket she had on said Harris in big bold glittery-gold letters on the back and Mulan in cursive writing on the front in the upper left hand corner. "Is that your name ? Mulan?"

"No my names Sabrina my middle name is Mulan- Hi Jacqueline its Sabrina can you send me to my daddy's phone pretty pleaseeee?" I frowned and listened to the lady on the phone.

"I'm sorry Sabrina he's in a meeting I can't, and if I did I doubt he'll answer a transfer."

"It's an emerg-"

"SABRINA! Oh god don't scare me like that." she ran over and swooped her up causing her to drop my phone. It fell on its face and I just knew the screen crack.

I picked it up praying it was all okay. "Dammit !" I yelled. "I just bought this."

"She's so sorry ma'am, Sabrina what was you doing with her phone anyways?" She yelled.

"I was-"

"She was calling her father because you were to busy up the clerks ass to notice the child your suppose to care for is missing sweetheart."

"Excuse me?"

"Excuse my ass you owe me $700 ma'am for being a stupid ass nanny and breaking my phone."

"I didn't break shit." she set Sabrina on her feet while I shifted all my weight to my right leg folding my arms. "if you would have been watching her in the first place she wouldn't have had to use my phone and it wouldn't have been broke would it so $700 lil mama or Ill make that call to yo Boss baby girl."