Moving Forwards...

Brittany Marie Porter
**

Monday April 11,

I woke up in Darren's bed by myself. I wasn't offended though, I know unlike me he had a schedule and was probably off to work. I sat up and tossed the covers back holding the sheets against my skin as I looked about the room. I noticed the card that sat on a box at the foot of the bed on his side with my name on it. A fairly big box at that. I rolled over laying in my stomach and crawled to it before getting up and pulling the card off.

I got you something (;
-Darren

Was all it read and I shrugged starting to open the box. Tossing the top I moved the wrapping paper to a pile of clothes folded neatly with the tags attached. How he got all this on such short notice was beyond me. "Must've been for someone else, that explains why it not addressed." I rolled my eyes looking at the sizes that were my fit. "Mhm" I can't lie the prices were up there so whoever it was for, lucky girl, but I didn't like being the runner up. Getting out the bed I headed for the bathroom. On the sink was a feminine hygiene kit wrapped in a pink bow like the box. For some reason I couldn't stay mad at him and I got to smiling ear to ear, yeah ear to ear over a damn toothbrush. Turning around I turned the shower on and stepped out his shirt and into the warm embrace of the water.

After my shower I stepped out and began to brush my teeth. I heard the tv on now in the room and began to rinse my mouth out. Sliding the bathroom doors back I watched Sabrina jump up and down in her fathers bed while singing along with super why. It was Monday so I didn't understand how she was here and not at school.

"Hi Sabrina.."

She stopped jumping and jumped off the bed running to hug me. "Hi Britt-a-nay!" I laughed hugging her back still holding the towel up. "Hey sweetheart what you doing here."

She let me go and went back to the bed jumping in it turning the channels. "I'm out of school for the day."

I walked over and looked at the clock that read 2:47pm. I didn't know that I slept that long. But to be fair we didn't end till three am. I smiled again at the thought of his touch. I found myself blushing a lot about this man and he not even present. Thats not good.

Sitting on the bed I began to lotion myself down. I laid all the clothing in the box on the bed and decided to go with the Dashiki Shirt and wear it as a dress. I couldn't wait to get home and actually dress this up. These were trending I couldnt find out where to get it from, and I dont trust instagram boutiques. Standing in the Mirror I fixed my hair and sat in the chair looking at the television. Then I thought about something. "Sabrina Howd you get here?" 

She was now laying at the edge of the bed watching the flat screen plastered against the wall. "Grandma."

"Oh, is she still downstairs?"

"Yes ma'am she is." I got up exiting the room and tip toeing down the steps. I heard sounds from the kitchen and assumed it was his mother. Walking in she was humming a song washing the dishes and cooking all in one. "Well afternoon." She commented before turning around. I smiled. "How does you and your son do it."

"I guess its just the feeling. I see you got your gift, or gifts I should say."  She chuckled. "He ordered it as an apology gift, designer equals clothes in his eyes."