Whats Cooking? Pt.2

Darren Rashad Harris
**

Darren Rashad Harris **

Sunday April 10,

"DADDY WAKE UP, DADDY WAKE UP!" I woke up to Sabrina jumping in my bed and the sun blazing through the balcony doors. Who opened my curtains I don't know.

"im up princess I promise.." I rolled over away from the sun and buried my face in the pillow.

"Sweetheart stop bothering daddy, if he doesn't wake up then I guess he doesn't get breakfast." She walked to the bed planting kisses up and down my jawline. "Darrennnn..  Daddy wake up." I covered my head with the pillow laying on my back. Positioning herself on top she set Indian style on my lap, then straddled me. Her and Sabrina chanted together. "Daddy wake up, Daddy wake up."

I removed the pillow from my face and  opened my eyes to her smile. Man I loved that smile. She then laughed and I saw where Sabrina got it from. "Morning daddy."

"Sahana..." I squinted then I blinked and I was staring out the window at the multiple cop cars pull up across the street.

My mother was standing behind me holding Sabrina as I watched. Her father then forced her out the house and on the porch. Before I knew it I was dashing out the house and across the street.

"DARREN!" She took off from the porch and met me in the middle of the street jumping into my arms and I held her. "Darren their taking me away, Darren don't let them take me away, Darren I love you, I wanna be here, I wanna be with you, and Sabrina, Darren-Babe-" they pulled us apart and she continued to fight. I held on to her before being slammed into the cop car and handcuffed. "Darren I'm sorry!" She looked to the porch at her father. "Daddy please!"

"LET HER GO!" I tried fighting off cops but he had me pinned against the car holding my head down.

"DARREN IM SORRY, I LOVE YOU!" They stuffed her in the car as her father stood on the porch watching and her mother and sisters inside watching with tears filling their eyes.

Once she was inside the car they let me go. And couldn't do anything but watch. "i love you too.." I mumbled watching her cry her eyes out in the back seat as she jumped around kicking the door.

I blinked and looked again at Sabrina in the car. She turned and looked at me, "DADDY!" Almost instantly she began to beat against the window. "DADDY HELP ME!"

"SABRINA!" I was paralyzed and I couldn't move. My face began to get heavier and I could speak. I tried but nothing came out.