Back at Nevermore

Y/N's pov
We drive through the gates of Nevermore. Here we go again... I get out of the car, take my luggage and tell Marilyn I'll meet her later in her dorm.

I open the door to my dorm room, and before I can even realize, a familiar blonde is hugging me very tightly. "Omg Y/N!!! I missed you so much!! How was your Christmas?"
"I missed you too Enid!!! It was really good. The best Christmas ever. What about yours?" I ask her while finally pulling away from the hug. "It was soooo fun! Me and Wednesday hung out a lot, and we actually had a really nice Christmas. Yoko and Divina both came back a few days ago and Ajax too, so we've been hanging out with them and Xavier now!" She tells me. "That sounds really nice! How about tomorrow, wanna go to Jericho to have one last fun vacation day before school starts again?" I suggest and she hugs me again. "Yes, yes and yes!!! Absolutely, count me in. The others can come too!" she gets very happy.
"Yes they can!" I tell her and start unpacking.

After I've finished my unpacking, I get some of my stuff in a bag and head to Marilyn's room.

"Hello, baby! Did you finish unpacking? How's Enid?" she asks me. "Yes, I did. And she's good! We're actually going to Jericho with her and the others tomorrow." I tell her.

"Oh? That's nice. Who 'others'?" She asks me and looks at me with an expectant expression.
"Probably just me, her, Wednesday, Ajax, Yoko, Divina and Xavier." I answer.
Her expression changes just a bit. I'm not sure what it says but it looks like a mixture of jealousy and insecurity. She soon wipes it off.

"Oh. That's great." She looks away from me and walks away from me to her desk. "Are you okay?" I ask her. "Yeah, sure. It's just... him."
"Are you talking about Xavier?" I ask and she just nods.

"Marilyn, look at me." I walk over to her and cup her face with my hands.
"I promise you, me and Xavier are just friends. You need to trust me, otherwise our relationship won't work. So please, believe me. He means nothing more to me than a friend."

She looks at me and nods. I hug her. "It's okay. I understand why you feel this way. Is it okay to you if me and Xavier are friends?" I look at her while asking that. I make a small 'please' face. She half smiles and says "I'm okay with it if you are." She doesn't sound the most convincing, but maybe I'm just overthinking. "Okay" I whisper and kiss her.

—Time skip to the next day—
Today is Monday, meaning tomorrow all the classes start again. I start getting ready in Marilyn's room. I brought some clothes and other stuff here so I don't have to go back to my dorm.

Me and Enid decided to catch up before we all leave to Jericho. It's 1pm, I promised to meet her at 3pm and we'll leave at 5pm. I do my makeup and brush my hair. I put on a baby pink sweater, black mini skirt and black tights. I put on the necklace and the bracelet Marilyn gave me. I pair the outfit with black, high heeled ankle boots.

I grab my purse and as I'm putting my silver earrings on, she walks in. "You're looking nice." She says to me. "Thank you Mari."

"Why are you dressed up so nicely, if I may ask?" She suddenly says.
"I don't know. I wanted to dress up I guess. I mean it's the last day of vacation!"
"No other reasons?" She asks me.
"No, Marilyn. No other reasons."

"So what are you going to do?" She asks me curiously. "We thought of going to the bookstore and later grabbing dinner. After that we're going to go for drinks at the Jericho bar." I explain our plans to her. "Drinks?" She says.
"Yes, is there something wrong with that?" I ask her. "No, I guess there's not. Be careful, okay? I love you."
"I love you too." I kiss her goodbye.

"Wait, are you going to spend the next night here, too?" She asks me. "I'm not sure." I reply. "Y/N, I need to know. I want you to be safe." "Fine, I'll stay the night with you." I say to her. "When will you be back?" She asks. "I don't know." I shrug my shoulders. "I have to know what time to expect you back. I don't want to get worried. Is 11pm okay?" "Yes it is, I'll be back by then." I tell her and run out the door.

"Hi, Enid!!" I say to the girl running towards me. "Hello bestie! Looking good!" she greets me. "Thanks, you too!" "So, where were you last night?" She asks me. "You haven't been sleeping in our dorm anymore, so where are you sleeping nowadays?" She continues.
"I'm sorry Enid, but I think it's too early to tell you. I promise I will tell you at some point. It's just... new and complicated at the moment."
"That's okay, I understand. You can tell me when you're ready." She tells me, I hug her and say "You're the best friend in the whole world".

—Time skip—
Me, Enid, Wednesday, Yoko, Divina, Ajax and Xavier are in the bus on the way to Jericho. We talk about what we did on our holidays and as we arrive to town, we go to the bookstore first. I look around for a book to read, but don't find anything. Only Wednesday and Xavier found something to read. We leave for dinner.

We sit down at a table for seven. Enid sits to my left and Xavier to my right. For the whole dinner, Xavier keeps talking to me and asking questions about my life. Me and Enid go to the bathroom before we leave the restaurant.
"Xavier is definitely into you. Did you see how he looks at you?" Enid says to me as soon as we're far from the others. "No, he's not.." I deny. "Yeah, sure." Enid says and chuckles a bit.

I look at the time. It's 9:22pm. We still have time for drinks. We arrive at the bar. I order a vodka martini. I sit down at the bar and Xavier sits next to me. "So Y/N, remember when I told you that I have an art studio near Nevermore? I could show you tomorrow after school!" He tells me, clearly excited. I can't say no, that would be so rude...
"Yeah, sure! Sounds amazing. Tomorrow after school it is."

The rest of the night goes well and we leave back to Nevermore. The last bus leaves at 10:50pm. I'm afraid I won't be back on time.
As we are a bit tipsy, we tell each other some stupid jokes for the whole trip and laugh at the smallest things.

The bus finally stops at Nevermore. We get out and I look at the time. Oh crap, it's 11:10pm. I'm already late. I take Yoko to her dorm and lay her on the bed. She's a bit drunk, so I'm helping her. Her eyes shut immediately and she falls asleep. I can feel my eyes starting to feel heavy, so I decide to lay next to Yoko for just a minute...

Obviously that wasn't a good idea.

—Time skip—
I wake up to my phone's alarm. I look next to me and see Yoko. Oh no, did I fall asleep? I never went to Marilyn's room... I hope she wasn't worried. I get up and leave the room.

I half run to Marilyn's room. I'm still in my high heels, so I try to run as quiet as possible. I knock on the door and she opens it immediately. "Y/N?" She says and as she sees me, she looks very relieved.

"Marilyn, I'm so sorry.. I fell asleep and I-" I don't get to finish my sentence because she starts yelling at me.
"How could you do this to me? I didn't sleep at all last night. I have cried so many times, worried sick, not knowing where you are!" She starts crying. "Please, I'm so sorry. I just had to help Yoko because she was drunk-"
"I went to your dorm, but Enid was the only one there and she was asleep already. Y/N, please be honest with me. Were you with Xavier last night?" She asks me and looks deeply into my eyes. I can see she's very hurt right now. I feel so bad.

"No Mari, I wasn't. I promise you! I helped Yoko because she got drunk. And because I had a drink or two myself, I started feeling really tired and fell asleep in her dorm. Please, don't be mad."

Marilyn's pov
"Please, don't be mad." She says to me, with tears starting to appear in her eyes, too. I sigh and grab her hands. "I could never be mad at you. I'm just glad that you're safe." I pull her into a hug.

We stand there, hugging each other for about 5 minutes. "I have to go, my first lesson starts soon." She says to me and kisses me. "Okay, see you later. Have a good day!"
I say to her as she walks out the door.

I think that I've fallen deeply in love with her.
I know it now.
————————————————————
Hope you liked this, love you <3