Chapter 22 - Towel Talk, Opener... A Godly Surprise

A/N: This chapter is by far the most words I've ever written in this book. It has about 6,103 words. The last chapter was a bit lacking, so I went ham on this chapter. Hope it will be to your liking!

(Cid's POV)

As I was walking toward a hot springs bathhouse where Cadian and I were planning to relax, some thoughts and words made their way into my mind. While Cadian was a bit late because of handling the little bit of logistic service from the holy knights, I decided to go to the springs first. 

Walking atop the wooden floor, I entered the changing room where I started reflecting on my life for a bit as it had something to do with the springs themselves.

There was a time in my prior life when I stopped taking baths. I wanted to spend less time wasting on meaningless things and more time on training. Still, as a mob persona, I couldn't let my body odor make me stick out, so I took short showers every day.

Basically, I wasn't in a position to take baths at the time. I was preoccupied with how to repel a nuclear warhead with a straight right punch. But no matter how hard I tried, I kept striking brick walls. Is it possible that a bomb can't be repelled with the appropriate punch? Is that the most I can do as the species I was born as? Or was I going insane?

Then the turning point of my self-doubting days came, in the form that I had regarded as a waste of time, and that was taking a bath.

Staring at the sunrise while soaking in the hot springs, the clouds in my heart strangely dissipated. It filled me with renewed energy and gave me the inspiration to adapt to a new idea. Indeed, it helped me reach the conclusion to defeat nukes. I'd need to discover the magic!

And, as a result, I'm a big fan of hot springs. In fact, you could argue that hot springs shaped me into the man I am. I joyfully unlocked the door that separated me from the delights of the natural waters that awaited me as soon as I finished removing my clothes and threw the bath towel over my shoulder.

I stepped out, and the smell and hot temperature instantly filled me with nostalgia. I walked toward one of the springs that had an overlooking view of Lindwurm, and oh boy I was mesmerized. Dipping my feet and then the rest of my body onto the steaming spring coupled with such an illustrious view, I was truly living life at that point.

There was no trouble that can reach me in this place of relaxation. Nothing at all.

(Third Person POV)

Except for Alexia who was next to him, naked and soaked in the hot spring while Cid completely disregarded her existence. The woman was completely appalled by the sight of him and his hanging member. The look on her face was one of utter disgust and astonishment. In truth, Cid does acknowledge that she was there, hence he decided to completely show her what really made him a man.

"..." Alexia shook off the creepy thoughts she was imagining as Cid dipped down and buried himself in the water. "Mhm. I was sure that I'd be alone here as long as I arrived early enough. I certainly didn't expect to see you here, Pooch."

Cid said nothing as he focused on enjoying the warm waters.

"Is your wound better now?" She asked, not helping herself from accidentally peeking at the 'thing'. 

"Wound? Which one do you mean?" He talked with not that much interest.

"The one from when I accidentally sliced you into pieces!"

"Ah, that one. It was nothing, that wound's long gone." He pesters it off.

"I see. I wouldn't want to become a murderer so it's good to know you're alive, I suppose." Alexia reclined back, letting her plump mounds float up.