Destiny

~ Geralt POV ~

I return to the inn and sit in the corner. I see Harvey and Jaskier walking in. I put on my cloak and pull the hood over my eyes. I make sure my swords are not on the table and close my eyes. I hear them talk to the owner. They order room 16. I get up to leave and bumb into Jaskier. He looks at me and I just walk past him. I decide to buy him something. I need to make it up one way or another. I walk around until I spot a woman with purple eyes. Shit. I quickly make my way back to the inn I was in and sit in the corner but it is to late. Yennefer walks in and looks around. She spots Jaskier and walks to him. Fuck.

~ Jaskier POV ~

I see a woman walking to us. I ignore her but then notice the black hair. I look into her eyes and they are purple. Shit. 

'Hello Jaskier.' I look at her.

'Yennefer. What do you want.'

'I thought you would be with my boyfriend Geralt.' She says the word "my" a bit louder.

'No I am with my boyfriend.' I also say the word "my" louder. She turns around and walks off to a guy in the corner. She pulls his hood of and I see Geralt. For fuck sake that guy follows me everywhere. I grab Harvey his hand and pull him up.

'Come on love. We are going to our room.' 

'Mhm naugty boy.' He kisses my neck and I see Geralt looking at my. He looks a bit mad but I walk away with Harvey. We go to our room and once we closed the door behind us Harvey starts to kiss me but I pull away.

'Are you okay love?' Harvey looks conserned at me.

'No.' A tear falls down my face.

'Tell me.' We lay down on the bed and he puts my head on his chest.

'It is Geralt. I thought I was over him you know but then he shows up and it is all gone. I miss him Harvey. He was my best friend even though he left me so much. I know I should not forgive him but I want to. I want to be friends again. Nothing more this time.'

'Then be his friend again but I will warn you. Do you remember how you were two weeks ago?'

'Yeah.' There is a knock on the door and I stand up to open it. Once I opened the door I looked down and saw a basket with stuff. I took it inside and put it on the desk.

'What is that?'

'I don't know.' I look at Harvey and he nobs at me. I start to unpack it. There is a bottle of chamomile and a bowl of my favorite flowers. I took it out and under that was Geralt his cloak with pages inside of it. It were my notebook pages. The ones I lost. I took that out as wel and found another notebook. I opened it and it was the notebook Geralt used for learning the lute. I skip trough the pages until I find a song.

Never thought that you would be.
Standing here so close to me.
There's so much I feel that I should say.
But words can wait until some other day.

Kiss me once, then kiss me twice, then kiss me once again.

It's been a long, long time.
Haven't felt like this, my dear since I can't remember when.
It's been a long, long time.

You'll never know how many dreams I've dreamed about you.

Or just how empty they all seemed without you.
So kiss me once, then kiss me twice, then kiss me once again.
It's been a long, long time.

("Its been a long, long time" is the name of the song)

I go the the next page to find a note.

Dear Jaskier. 

If  you read this that means we met again. That song you read is made for you. God I miss you. You were the love of my life I am sure of that but somehow I always mess it up. In the woods, before I left you I told you something.  "I get if you don't want to forgive me." And I still do but please can we just talk. Nothing more. I just want to say a propper goodbye and see you one last time. Then you will never see me again. I hope you are happy without me now. Maybe you are dating or are still single. Ciri misses you and talks about you every day. She wishes that you will come back. Please come back. Meet me behind this inn at 8. I love you Jaskier.

I love you. Geralt.

I turn to Harvey.

'Should I do it?'

'If you want.' 

'I do.'

'Then go. It is almost 8.' He kisses me and I leave to see Geralt.

~ Harvey POV ~

I start to pack my stuff. Jaskier loves Geralt not me. As much as I wish he would he doesn't. They deserve to be together. I rip a page out of the notebook and write a message. I cry as I walk downstairs. I thought we could be together. I was dumd. Those two are bond to meet each other and to be together. That is there destiny.