The Big Plan...

In the months after my deal with Viggo, Hiccup grew more and more frustrated. After every mission he'd come back empty handed and I knew it was pissing him off.

One evening, Hiccup looked especially frustrated. He came into the Great Hall where I had prepared dinner and groaned louder than the boars I hunted.

“Someone’s in a good mood. Mission was that bad?” I teased.

“My dad is gonna kill me.” Hiccup sighed and Astrid went to comfort him.

“It’s gonna be fine, Hiccup. We’ll get it back.”

“What happened out there?” I asked, sitting down with my own plate.

“Viggo tricked us and stole Berks gold. And it’s all my fault.”

“Don’t say that. We were all in on it. I’m sure Stoick will understand.” Fishlegs tried reassuring him.

“Actually, Fishface, you couldn’t be more wrong. Stoick is many things, but understanding is not one of them.” Snotlout explained. It almost sounded like he was speaking from experience.

“Snotlout!” Astrid warned.

“I’m sorry to hear about the mission, Hiccup. But I’m sure you’ll come up with something. You always have a plan to stop Viggo.” I encouraged.

“I don’t know… Lately it seems no matter what I try he’s always one step ahead. I’m not sure how he manages to counter every attack but somehow, he knows.” Hiccup paced around the room.

“Almost like someone’s feeding him intel on our plans.” Tuffnut tried making the others open to the idea of a traitor in their midst, but Ruffnut wasn't buying it.

“Bro, what’re you talking about? Why would any of us wanna tip Viggo off? And how would we even do it? We’re always busy with missions or taking care of the edge."

“We’ll get the gold back.” Astrid put her hand on Hiccup’s shoulder, stopping his pacing.

“Astrid’s right. Next time you’ll have a plan that not even Viggo can counter.” Fishlegs Stated confidently.

“Alright, you guys are right. We can beat Viggo, if we work together. Get some rest, I’ll have a plan ready for tomorrow morning.” Hiccup seemed to have gotten his fighting spirit back. I went back to my hut to get a good night’s sleep.

The next morning we all met bright and early in the Dome. Hiccup and Toothless were energetic and ready while the rest of us were barely awake.

“Alright gang, here’s the plan. Viggo has been able to counter every attack and tactic we’ve tried, right? But we have a few aces up our sleeve.” His confidence was a nice change from his sour mood last night.

“What’re you talking about?” Snotlout asked with a yawn.

“Last night I sent Terror mail out to our allies. They’ll be here any minute. Once they arrive, I’ll explain the rest.” Hiccup answered.

“Hiccup!! Brother! I’m so glad you want my help. Heather and I will deal with this, Berserker style!” A loud obnoxious viking screamed as he made his arrival on his green gronckle.

“Brother?” I questioned and hiccup just sighed.

“Good to see you too, Dagur. We need all the help we can get.”

As Heather and Dagur were catching up, more and more Dragon Riders joined us on the island. Lots of people I’d never seen before, and then there was Stoick. He was surprised and angry to say the least.

“What is SHE doing here!?” He growled and marched towards me.
“And what is that dragon that’s with her?”

“Dad, dad. It’s alright. She’s one of us.” Hiccup stepped in between us.

“Nice to see you again, Stoick. No hard feelings about last time I presume?” I cocked my head to the side and flashed him a nervous smile. Every time Hiccup and the others had been going back to Berk, I’d stayed behind. Both so I could watch the Edge in case of an attack and because I knew Stoick would be after me. Had it not been for Hiccup stepping in just now, I’m positive Stoick would’ve tried something.

“Okay, now that everyone’s here, let’s get down to business. We all know Viggo stole Berks gold and we need to get it back, but it’s not just the gold. He’s also got the Dragon Eye which he’s using to capture and sell dragons all over the Archipelago. He needs to be stopped. Only problem is, every time we’ve tried going after him, he’s been able to counter our attacks. It’s almost like he knows we’re coming. Which is why I called you all here. He knows about me and the others, Heather and Dagur and our newest member, Haley. But he doesn’t know about the A-team. So, here’s the plan.” Hiccup began explaining his detailed plan and we all listened intently.
“And finally, the part that’ll ensure our victory, is our ace. The auxiliary team and Haley.”

I looked up at him, shocked. Did he just say I was going with them on a mission?

“Hiccup, what do you mean I’m part of your ace? I thought I was meant to stay here and defend the Edge?”

“Not anymore. This is too important and I trust you. You’ve been sidelined long enough. You’re coming with us on this mission. We’ll be needing you and River on the ground in case any of them tries to run away.”

“Excuse me, son. This is a great plan you’ve thought up, just one question. Her-” He gestured to me.
“How is she gonna get to the island and what is she going to do when we get there? She can’t fly and her dragon doesn’t shoot fire. She’ll only be in the way on this mission.”

“Dad, I-” Hiccup was about to defend me, but I cut him off.

“Hiccup, it’s alright. I got this.” I walked in front of Stoick and the others and looked him in the eyes.
“You might think I’m untrustworthy. You might think I’m useless on the battlefield. You might even think I’ll get in your way and screw things up, but you couldn’t be more wrong. River and I could take every one of you in here and come out on top. She might not breathe fire, but her stinger paralyzes even the toughest of dragons and I’ve got more weapons than you could produce on Berk in a lifetime. As for how we’ll get there, you don’t need to worry your little feisty head about that.”

I walked outside and stood on the edge of the platform. Hiccup sighed and facepalmed himself. Stoick and the others followed me outside and watched me closely.

“Alright, anyone faint of heart might wanna look away. But you, Stoick, prepare to be shocked. And try not to blink, you won’t wanna miss this. River!” I winked and leaned backwards.

I fell over the edge and the others, with Stoick in the lead, ran to help me. As they reached the edge, I flew up past them. I hovered in the air for a moment while waiting for River to get into position. As soon as I saw her on top of the dome I flew over and grabbed her, attaching her to my suit in the process. As we hovered over the large flock of vikings, we looked like a large Speed Stinger with wings, a truly terrifying sight.
I flew down and we landed behind the large group and Stoick pushed past them to get up front.

“you’re a…” He began.

“No, I’m not a Valkyrie. I’m cursed by Loki to be born with these wings and I pray that none of you will spill my secret to anyone? If you do, there’ll be consequences. Still don’t think I’m worthy to join you?” Stoick scoffed at my cocky attitude but gave Hiccup a nod of approval.

“Alright gang, we leave immediately. Saddle up everyone and let’s go!” Hiccup ordered and we all got in the air, setting our course towards Viggo’s base. I couldn’t warn Viggo this time, I just had to trust that he’d be able to deal with it on his own.