Epilogue

It's been three months since Aaron visited Emily in Paris. Since then, as Morgan promised, he had tracked down Ian Doyle, which eventually led to Emily's inevitable return to Washington DC.

Upon dealing with her shattered friendships, Emily was faced with a difficult decision to make, which would eventually end up with her rejoining the team.

She would be lying if she said that things were the same between her and Aaron ever again. With minimal mention of their night in Paris, Emily was able to stand back and watch as he began dating a woman named Beth, who JJ claimed to look like a carbon copy of the woman he really loved.

Inevitably, Emily left once more. This time, to London, where later she began dating Andrew Mendoza. Andrew make Emily happy. More than she could ask for, and that's all she needed to be.

Happy.

That's all Aaron ever wanted for her, afterall.

If there was one thing that the entire team could agree on, it would be that in another life, preferably one with a little less dead bodies and serial killers, Emily and Aaron would live happily ever after together.

But, in the end, life doesn't give everyone a happily ever after.

A/N:

Hiiiii guys. . . so I kinda just wrote this on a whim, but I figured it was needed. I still think Hotchniss should have gotten their moment. . . These two want to make me believe that there are soulmates in the world.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my short story, and please, if you did, vote, and maybe drop a comment or two <3