𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

(A/N: In this story, Roger will be referred to as Rachel and Pete will be referred to as Petra)

 ꧁ 𝗬e𝗮𝗿: 2023꧂

       Rachel fumbled with her keys and opened the door to her apartment complex.  The flow of customers at the department store was slower than usual, today. During her shift, all she did was stare at the blank wall, hoping that losing track of time would ease her desire to return home.  She had thought about texting her girlfriend Petra, but her manager had advised her not to. He even directed her to fold the clothes in the foyer, after they had already been folded by another employee! God how she hated that sonuvabitch! Rachel let out a sigh, now that she and her lover were back together again.

      The door creaked, agilely, and Rachel's steps inside the room marked her presence.  "Hey Babe, I'm home." At this time, Petra would come and greet her at the door. Amidst the boisterousness of her voice, she heard not a single utterance.  A sense of alarm shot through Rachel's body, as she grew concerned about what might have happened to Petra. She analyzed the room, looking for any sign of her. 

       Out of the corner of her eye, She noticed her girlfriend curled up on the couch. Her eyes were closed in a peaceful way. Rachel looked at her girlfriend with tenderness and resumed her usual routine. She lowered her duffel bag, took off her coat, and took off her shoes. Just as she was taking off her last shoe, a small groan emitted throughout the room. "nnnnngghh" Rachel perked up and up, concerned for her girlfriend. "Baby?" she asked calmly. "nggghhhh...Rach" Rachel swallowed gently and walked over to the couch.

    Upon further inspection, she noticed that  Petra's arms were entwined around her lower abdomen and her head hung on the pillows. Her legs were positioned slightly upwards, messy hair swayed around her face and neck. The only visible thing was her long nose and her quivering lips. She looked terrible, and Rachels's concern grew. "Oh, ma doux!"  Rachel got on her knees and put her palm on her girlfriend's cheek. Rachel used her other hand to stroke her girlfriend's hair. Petra's expression cooled and she continued to meet the other with a gentle gaze. Her hair was soft and flaky beneath Rachel's touch, meaning that she had woken up not too long ago. 

      Rachel, not to pester her girlfriend asked "What's wrong?" She already knew why Petra was like this, but she wanted to assure her. Petra exhaled like pain ricocheting inside and out of her. "I'm on my period." She let out a weak cry and buried her head into the pillow. Rachel leaned closer and gave her an affirmative kiss on the. " I can get some Midol from the medicine cabinet."  "Alright." Petra nodded. "You're going to be fine, ok." Rachel kissed the top of Petra's head.  Before she could stand up, Petra pulled her down. "Can you stay for a little bit longer?" Petra looked at Rachel, pleading, begging for her girlfriend's touch.  

The blonde slid her arms across Petra's stomach. "Where does it hurt?" she asked. "Over here," Petra said, positioning her hands lower where Rachel could see. Rachel glided her hand around the area and squeezed softly.  She felt the other relaxed beneath her touch.

"I'll be back." Rachel stood up and trekked over to the bathroom. She opened the medicine cabinet, finding the Midol bottle on the second row. She grabbed the can, opened it, and produced two pills. She went over to the kitchen and filled an empty mug with lukewarm water.  She walked over to the couch and gave them to her girlfriend. "You need to still up." Petra sighed begrudgingly. "Alright." She swallows the pills and gulps down the water, looking somewhat relieved. Rachel met Petra's gaze, noticing her relax her shoulders.  

She noticed Petra gently closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in. She looked more gentle and more focused now. There was some beauty to her that seemed to shine through the complex. It was a feminine and graceful beauty that Rachel always liked about her girlfriend. Oh god, how she loved her. Suddenly, Rachel remembered something. She had been meaning to give something to her girlfriend. It was still in her duffel bag waiting to be opened and used.  Rachel smiled and told Petra"You know, I got Sanrio hairclips at Natoora's."

"Yeah?" Petra says, smiling, the first smile Rachel has seen out of her since today. "Do you want me to get the hair clips and play with your hair?" "That would be lovely," Petra says. Rachel strokes her hair and kisses her forehead softly. Rachel thinks to herself, "She's getting better." Rachel grabs the Sanrio hairclips from her duffel bag and returns to Petra's side by the couch. One by one she takes each hair clip out of the cardboard and clips it onto her hair. "Oh wow, you look pretty with your hair like this," Rachel says smiling. "Thanks, babe."  Rachel leans into Petra's neck and hugs her. She kisses her girlfriend's cheek, brushing her nose against her pretty brown hair. Petra giggles softly.

"I love you, baby."

"I love you too, baby."