𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬

This is a Roger x Pete one-shot

(the term queer is used to refer to sexuality)

꧁ 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿: 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟳꧂

It was a warm spring day in London.

The bare trees were starting to blossom. The birds were high up in the sky, whistling snippets of harmonious tunes. Small animals crawled out of their dens and into the daylight, scavenging the lush green lands for food.

Pete and Roger were walking through a park near the coast of Brighton, observing every corner that was brimming with life. The air smelled like the crisp salt of the sea. Roger sucked in the wafting scent like sweet perfume and followed Pete to a wooden bench. They sat down and stretched out, their backs rested against wooden slats.

The two musicians were on a break from the last couple of shows and they were enjoying their time in the park. Even though everything about the place was wonderful, Roger couldn't help but feel tentative.

Ever since he met Pete, Roger had a special liking for him. Pete was tall, feminine, and graceful. Pete's face was oval-shaped but perfected by plump lips and delicate eyelashes that curled around his eyes. Pete had an indescribable aura that Roger wanted to savor every moment with him. It was no wonder that as the years went by he started to develop strange and incredible feelings whenever Pete walked across his path. From his cerulean eyes to the shape of his nose, Roger felt like he was falling through a never-ending abyss where he felt more and more in love with his bandmate.

Roger averted his head to watch residents recreate in the park. The pressure of touring and shows was already too much. He should know better than to consider another relationship. But still, the feeling of something important nagged at his throat.

Sometimes Roger wondered if he was queer. He knew he didn't feel attraction to men when he was younger, but he knew this was different. He focused on a small group of boys playing football. He looked on to them, almost yearningly, hoping for a sign of recognition. Hoping he could return to a simpler time when the stress of young adulthood had not crept up upon him.

A few moments later, Pete lightly nudged Roger's shoulder. Roger turns to Pete who has a look of wonder in his eyes. "Can I show you something?" Pete asks his voice like a melody in Rogers's ears. Roger would usually say yes to the taller man. However, Roger thinks for a moment unsure of what Pete would get him into. Pete's eyes compelled him like the Brighton sea. He doesn't have to say anything to comply with Pete's offer.

Pete stood up and immediately seized Rogers's wrist. Roger felt his cheeks heat up as he followed Pete. As they walked through the park, the number of trees increased, and the sounds of people talking and birds chirping waned. After what seemed like hours upon hours of walking, the two men finally reached their destination.