Bonus 2

Alwin had confessed his love to Pelle. It hadn't been a particularly romantic event. The handsome dragon had made a very matter-of-fact speech about his feelings. Pelle was nevertheless overjoyed and had immediately showered Alwin with affection.

Pelle also loves Alwin and now they were a proud couple. Which they told every dragon they met. Whether the other dragon wanted to know or not.

Now the two wanted to move into their own cave. In their own perfect little love nest. Their cave should be cuddly. And also homey. The two did not want to dig their own cave into the stone. Pelle was afraid that a claw might break off, and Alwin preferred to cuddle rather than dig. Therefore, it should be one of the free caves.

Not Vicky's former cave, of course. That one made the two feel sad. Since Vicky's death, they avoided their cave. Every dragon did this.

The two looked at several of the lonely caves. They asked Saira to help them decide. Saira was persuaded, but she quickly regretted it. So far, neither of them had liked any of the caves.

Pelle would have liked to move into the cave with all the eggshells. In their sanctuary. There, it glittered so beautifully everywhere. But of course, he and Alwin weren't allowed to.

The three dragons were standing in a spacious cave, now. Alwin sniffed the walls and then grimaced in disgust. 'No. The walls smell wrong!'

'How so? It smells only of stone here. Nothing more', growled Saira.

Alwin grumbled sadly and buried his muzzle in Pelle's wings. 'It just smells wrong!'

Pelle didn't like the cave either. 'This cave is too big. It's not cuddly.'

Saira rolled her eyes. 'We have already looked at three abandoned caves. They were either too small, too big, or they smelled wrong!'

'We want a perfect love nest!', explained Pelle. 'Perfect! And this isn't.'

Saira thought for a moment. Then she sighed and rubbed her head against Pelles. 'And Vicky's cave? It is still free.'

'What?' Alwin looked up in shock. 'But... And... Don't you want to take the cave? You wanted to live there together.'

'No. Fiete needs me. I will stay with my parents and take over their den when they... I'm afraid that won't take much longer. Fiete has now understood this too. He won't leave dad's and mom's side anymore.'

'I'm so sorry, Saira.' Pelle put one of his wings over her. 'But Vicky's Cave is Vicky's Cave.'

'At least take a look. The cave is small, but not tiny. Maybe you like it. And... It's the only one left.' Saira hissed softly. 'You have already rejected all the other caves. Vicky would be happy if she knew you were together now.'

'All right', Alwin agreed, holding his forehead against Sairas. 'If you're sure!'

'I'm sure!'

So the three dragons flew to Vicky's former cave. Alwin sniffed the walls and Pelle looked around contentedly. 'The cave is beautiful', he said.

Alwin nodded. 'I like it too.'

'Vicky would like you to take the cave.' Saira sounded sad, so Pelle snuggled up to her.

'We take the cave. This is going to be the perfect love nest!', he announced. 'We fill this cave with a lot of love!'

Alwin leaned against one of the walls. 'Right! It smells right!'

Saira sighed. 'Good.'

Pelle sniffed the air. It smelled of stone and desert. And also a little bit like Vicky.

The three dragons snuggled up to each other and remembered their time with Vicky together. They laughed and cried.

Vicky was missed.

(c: sasi)