After The Hour by @LisaAllen09

Winner of WattpadESL's Aim To Engage prompt - After The Hour by LisaAllen09

***

For centuries the people in Oleander city have lived in fear of the Hour clock. No one can move during that hour unless they want to die. Many have tried and failed throughout history. But no one has ever survived to tell the tale.

Many books have been written, telling stories of great heroes. Who has saved many lives? Some claimed to be victims of the monsters.

While some move at that hour, to find out precisely what happened. But I think there's way more to this story. During the hour, there's no sound or light, which makes it even more suspicious.

If the monsters attack they would most likely strike in the day. There's far more movement during the day than it is at night. Which means they have more opportunities to kill

But if they attack at night there's isn't much to kill It makes perfect sense if they hunt at night rather than day. But it's a lost cause, no one has survived to tell they're encounter.

"Axel, we have work to do before the hour. We're going to set up the cameras around the areas. Before the beast attacks. If you notice on this map he doesn't attack in the lowlands. Only within the mountain ranges."

This is only one step closer to the truth. But why the mountain range only? It must be the hiding ground or worse the breathing ground.

If that's the breeding, he has a better chance of surviving and escaping quickly. It's best to kill them before they can breed again.

But it doesn't make sense if they only attack during that hour. "Human contract"

"Lex! Lex! did you say something."

"No, are you hearing the voice again?"

Since the day I was born, I've been told to stay out of the light. It got worse when I reached the age of eighteen. Visions, and hearing voices' are all a part of my daily routine. What's even more suspicious is that I'm always knocked out during the hour.

"Axel, I think you need to see this."

Looking at the recording everything looks normal, but as you get closer. It has the same mark on the left-right arm as you."

"So what exactly are you saying!? Are you telling me I'm the one who killed the chief and his family!?"

It was clear they suspected it was me. I watched as the guards surrounded me with their guns and swords.

Don't they recognize it's me? Are they making assumptions without giving the evidence first? I felt a sharp object in my back. By the time I woke up. The whole army surrounded me. As I looked closely, I saw a human stepping out in the light.

"I've finally found you. You're the chosen one to end After an hour."