Chapter 56 - 60

Chapter 56 – Like A Child

Mu Mingcheng laughed coldly . He strongly suspected that her actions were deliberate .

Gu Jin looked up at him innocently . She didn’t want to dance at all and he had to pull her over to the dance floor!

Well, she did have a vengeful thought just now, but the music ended before her counterattack could be implemented .

It’s a pity that she wasn’t able to carry it out . And just when she started getting accustomed to the original host’s memories of dancing skillfully, without any mistakes, the dance had ended!

Her expression had a tinge of regret .

But Mu Mingcheng wasn’t planning to dance with her again, and others won’t even think about inviting her after such a painful scene .

“Mr . Mu, I didn’t expect you to come to the banquet as well!” A man came to greet Mu Mingcheng after he and his girlfriend had stepped outside the dance floor to rest . The newcomer looked at Gu Jin’s face in awe and asked, “Who is this beautiful lady?”

Although the person speaking was a 50-year-old portly old man, he didn’t act like an authoritative elder and had even addressed Mu Mingcheng respectfully as ‘Mr . Mu . ’

Of course, this type of flattery may not work .

Businessmen who weren’t part of the elite always had to handle things tactfully . Even if he had doubts about Gu Jin’s identity, he will never mention anything unpleasant about her . Besides, this was the first girl Mu Mingcheng had brought with him after all these years .

And this middle-aged man, who learned the ropes of business but not its essence, isn’t destined to last long in this lucrative field .

“This is my girlfriend, surnamed Gu . ” Mu Mingcheng put his arm around Gu Jin’s shoulder and introduced her . “This is the owner of Lin Hai Food Company . ”

“Nice to meet you Manager Lin . ” Gu Jin leaned comfortably in Mu Mingcheng’s arms and said, “Your snacks are delicious . When I was young, I often ate snacks made by your company . ”

“Oh? Miss Gu also likes to eat snacks made by my company?” the pleasantly surprised Manager Lin was eager to shake her hand . Mu Mingcheng glanced at Gu Jin endearingly and said helplessly, “She’s always greedy . She’s young and acts like a child . ”

Who’re you calling greedy and a child . Didn’t you hear me say that it was during my childhood?

Gu Jin didn’t expect him to tease her from a simple remark .

It seems that he had forgotten the pain on his insteps just earlier; she should have nailed his feet a couple more times .

Gu Jin glared at the culprit in annoyance, then put her hand under his suit and pinched him .

Unexpectedly, Mu Mingcheng’s whole body was covered in shapely muscles . Her attempts at pinching his waist ended up hurting her own fingers instead .

Mu Mingcheng smiled gently at shook hands with the gentleman . With Gu Jin’s meager strength, her murderous pinches felt more like light scratches . Mu Mingcheng’s feet were still sore, but now his waist felt ticklish .

“Oh, young people . ”

Who hasn’t once experienced youth? He could see that this young man’s possessiveness over his girlfriend was strong, to the point where he even wards off an elder . Manager Lin immediately understood Mu Mingcheng’s meaning; he shook hands with the young man before turning away to converse with other people .