Good Luck Commander

The new CC cadets lined up at the edge of the training mats, they eyed the Prime as he stalked up and down its length. Alpha-17 stood at ease in the center of the room, his steady gaze caused them to fidget.

"This is the start of your training. You may be young but that doesn't mean you will be treated like it. You are expected to follow directions, learn new skills quickly and effectively, be disciplined, and act like the commanders you will be one day." The Prime paused and looked each cadet in the eyes. They lifted their chins and straightened their posture further under his scrutiny.

"You will be learning hand-to-hand combat, partner up!"

The room was filled with the smacks of hands catching forearms as the young cadets conducted the new drills they had just learned.

"Cody seems to be doing well," Alpha-17 commented mildly, watching as Cody and Fox exchange hits.

"He's got good reflexes." The prime said with light appraisal.

Alpha-17 narrowed his eye, surreptitiously reached into his pocket, and pulled out a pen. Prime glanced over at him, brow furrowed. "What's your plan for that?"

"Just testing a theory." Alpha-17 flung the pen at the side of the young cadet's head, but before it made contact Cody deftly snatched it from the air. Alpha-17 smirked and sent the Prime a sidelong look.

Cody, confused, glanced at the two trainers off to the side. Hand still raised by his head, pen clutched in his grip. Unfortunately, Fox didn't notice his partner's lack of attention and continued the drill.

Alpha-17 and the Prime both winced as Cody got clocked in the jaw. Alpha-17 looked away at the hard look from the Prime.

The rest of the cadets stopped and stared at Cody sitting on the floor clutching his face, and Fox swore profusely as he shook out his hand; between them, the pen laid innocently on the ground.

+++++++

Cody sat on his bunk reading a tactical analysis of one of the many battles that took place on Dxun during one of its civil war periods. It was kinda dry but if you could look past all of the official language and political drivel many of the tactics used were quite ingenious and interesting to consider and- Cody looked up from the holo novel.

"You asshole! Give it back!"

"I can't!"

"And why not?!"

Bly was chasing Wolffe around the barracks, leaping over beds and being a general nuisance. Cody shook his head and went back to what he was reading.

"Because I already ate it!"

"That was my last one!"

"Sucks to suck. You should have hidden it better."

Cody considered whether or not it would be acceptable to use guerilla warfare tactics to keep his vode quiet.

"That is so far beyond the point! I shouldn't even have to hide them!"

"Well, that's not how the real world works."

"This isn't even the real world!"

Cody was beginning to think that it would be understandable to tape them down at least. The running continued and Cody resumed his attempt at ignoring them.

Bly was pissed. His last taffy, gone. He was going to kill Wolffe, that bitch wasn't even apologetic. Bly thought fast as he and the thief came to a standstill.