; wake up n break up

INSTAGRAM DIRECT MESSAGING

itoshisae.official [] | itoshi sae

12:19 am

[y/n] <3
are you ready to talk

itoshi sae
i guess.

[y/n] <3
no sae, i need a yes or no

itoshi sae
yes.

[y/n] <3
okay

-

... you are calling itoshi sae ...

[call accepted]

"hello?" the male on the other line spit out, his voice seemed strained and tired. however, there seemed to be no sign of anger that shined through.

"hi." you adjusted your position on your bed, turning over to lie on your side. "let's talk. is there anything you want to say?"

there was a lingering silence upon you talking, but you didn't push it. you let him collect his thoughts before speaking. "not really."

letting out a sigh, you mumbled a small "okay." sae not having anything to say was frustrating, you didn't want to have a one sided conversation with him, especially when it was about your relationship. you wanted to hear his thoughts and opinions, his ideas on how to solve the problem.

"do you understand where i'm coming from?" you asked quietly.

"yeah."

"so what are we going to do to fix the problem on both sides?"

"i don't know, what do you want to do."

you choked back the irritation that quickly washed over your body. it's like he wanted you to fix things by yourself as he laid back and watched. this was supposed to be a two person thing, communication was never just one.

rolling onto your back you stared mindlessly at the ceiling, waiting for it to fall and swallow you whole. the warm, stinging sensation at the tip of your nose giving you a warning that tears might fall if you don't compose yourself.

"maybe we should take a break," your chest hurt. it felt as if someone was twisting and tugging on your heartstrings, beating your ribcage till it shattered. you wanted to scream, you didn't want to leave him much less take a break, but right now being able to take some time for yourself, to reflect, was probably for the best.

sae sat in his room, the only thing illuminating his dark room was his phone, each second of the call ticking up and up. he genuinely didn't know what to say, he was scared of losing you. "no."

"no? you asked what i wanted to do and that's what i think will be best."

"i don't believe in breaks. either we work it out or break up."

you grumbled under your breath, running your fingers through your hair before dropping your arms onto the mattress. "but how are we supposed to fix things if you don't even know what to do? i give you something and you don't want to take it."

sae pursed his lips together, staring at the screen laying beside him, "i don't want to lose you."

"and i don't want to lose you too," you turned over once again, now on your stomach, ear flat on your pillow, "but we have to find something to work off of otherwise our relationship will go to shit."

"fine," sae paused for a split second, thinking of what to say next, "we take the rest of today to think and reflect. then we call and talk about what we can do to prevent this from happening again."

"okay."

+++

author's note;
😁