Chapter 24

SHRUTI's POV

The ceremony was completed. Dinner was done. All the relatives and friends were now on their way home. Here I was sitting on passenger seat beside Anurag. He was dropping me home. Yes it's just the two of us.

Anurag had dropped a bomb in front of everyone that he would like to drop his fiancee home alone. He wanted to spend some quality time with his fiancee. How do I tell how embarrassed and shy i was. I agree now he is my fiancé but expressing everything so openly infront of our parents I don't think I can do it..yet.

But again it is Anurag we are talking about. He expresses his care, his concern, everything openly. I really admire this quality of him.

"Are you hungry?" He asked looking in front.

I was actually hungry. It was our engagement but due to guests and all we couldn't get enough food. Whenever we used to eat someone would come and greet us.

"I am actually. Can we go for Kathi roll?"

He laughed, "Were you waiting for me to ask this? You could have told me that you were hungry."

"Actually I am more tired than hungry. So didn't say anything." I confessed.

"True. I'm tired too. Since morning everyone was just going today's the engagement today's the engagement. Everyone had forgot to breathe too."

I laughed, "Same scene was going in my house. But still you are dropping me home when it was really not necessary Anurag."

"I will be never tired for you Shruti."

I blushed hearing this. I was still not used to compliments, flirting and sweet sweet things he tells me.

"And also because an Army person, we know our life is so uncertain. We would not waste any second fighting with our loved ones."

But hearing this tears pooled in my eyes. Did he had to say this right now? I know it is true but I'm also learning to adjust to this. It is damn difficult to be an Army officer's wife or any defence officer's wife for the matter.

"Anurag.!!!" I didn't know when tears touched my cheeks.

Anurag stopped the car instantly. He removed his seatbelt and bent towards my side.

"Shruti.. no!" He was quick to wipe my tears first.

"No crying please. I can't bear to see you cry." He cupped my cheeks.

"Then why did you have to say that thing? I know how i am supposed to be being Army officers wife I'm trying too. But it is difficult. I don't want you going away from me."

"And you won't. Atleast not till I die." The moment these words left his mouth, I placed my finger on his lips.

"Don't you dare such thing." I said and came out of the car. It was difficult to carry my heavy lehenga but I needed air.

Within no time Anurag stood beside me. He made me turn to himself. I wasn't looking at him. I was looking down. I don't know why these emotions were surfacing right now.

Gladly we were in that part of Mumbai where it was little bit silent than normal.

"What happened jaana?" Anurag's voice did the magic.

I wasted no time to wrap my hands around his torso to hug him as tight as I could. He hugged me back with equal strength. I just wanted to stay like this forever. I love him so much.
Yes! I love Anurag.

Anurag broke the hug, but we were still standing super close to each other. He gave a lingering kiss on my forehead which had an immense effect of soothing and peace.

"I love you Anurag."

There I said it. It didn't really matter right now that will say it back or not. I just wanted to let my emotions and feelings out in front of him.

His eyes had a glint of tears. Unreadable expressions on his face. He held my hand more tightly.

"I'm sorry if this is too soon for you and you don't have an answer to this. I can understand Anurag. But I just wanted to let you know. Don't think about this. Take your time....."

He placed his finger on my lips.
"Shush. Kit boltes tu huh?"
(How much do you talk?)

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"I love you too Shruti. I love you so much."

Did i hear what you heard?

"What?"

"Yes silly girl. How can I not love you. You are kind, caring, passionate towards your work, beautiful, loving. You are everything a man could ever want. I love you so damn much Shru. I can't wait to get married to you and start our journey."

Anurag kissed my forehead so gently that my heart literally did a summersault.

Thank you so much deva for giving me Anurag. (God)

************************
Hey guys!! Only I know how I have managed to write this chapter in middle of college and professional exams.
Again sorry for making you wait this long. But didn't have any other choice.

Please VOTE AND COMMENT how and what did you like about the chapter.

Next chapter after 18th May.

This chapter is pretty important they have confessed!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️🧿🧿🧿

Love,
A.