Chapter 5

We entered the school and walked Louis to his class as none of us had it with him.

"I'm so glad we found him yesterday. I don't even want to think about what would've happened if we got there a bit later." Harry said and i saw how much emotion there was in his eyes. From sadness and anger to fear, all mixed up.

"Don't think about it Haz. He's okay now." Edward put his hand on his back as we walked.

"He's right though. What if it happens again and we're not there to help him?" i said as i started thinking about all the things that could actually happen.

"We can ask him if he wants us to pick him up from work." Edward shrugged and i can't believe how stupid he can be sometimes.

"You know he won't let us. Didn't you see him?" Harry said and i knew exactly what he meant.

"Well, we can't really force him or kidnap him. He was 'fine' without us what makes you think he'll just let you treat him like a kid. He's probably used to being independent." i was a bit shocked at what he said but i also see where he's coming from.

God knows for how long has he been on his own. We can't just walk into his life and tear it all, everything that he's used to. We know him for such a short time but he seems so fragile. I can't even imagine all the things he probably went through.

"We'll just have to talk to him. We can't suffocate him though, we don't want to push him away." i said and they both nodded.

We all knew it wouldn't be easy to get him to even be our friend but we all cared too much about the boy already, it was too late to go back.

A few boring classes later it was finally the one i had with Louis. Sadly Harry and Edward weren't with us but i was still happy i can spend it with Lou.

I walked into the class and sat at the same place as we did last time waiting for him and, soon enough, he walked in but he wasn't alone. Simon was walking behind him leaning over his shoulder whispering god knows what to him.

Before i could stand up i saw Simon grabbing Louis' ass. He tried to push his hand away but Simon grabbed his wrist turning him around. I felt like my blood was boiling as i quickly walked over pushing Simon away.

"What do you think you're doing?" i asked angrilly as people started paying attention to the scene.

"Fuck of Marcel you're ruining the fun." he grabbed me by my collar and just as i was getting ready to punch him the teacher walked in making us all go to our seats.

"Are you okay Lou?" i asked after a moment of silence.

"I'm sorry." he said looking down making me confused.

"What are you sorry for?" i asked gently trying to look at his face.

"For everything. Please Marcel, leave me alone, it'll be better for you and your brothers. You don't want to deal with me." he whispered out before lowering his head on the table.

I didn't know what to say so i just kept quiet. What did he mean by that? I wish Harry and Edward were here.

I saw Louis looking up at me with sad eyes and i could see that he wanted to say something but he gave up on it shaking his head and looking down again.

"What's wrong?" i asked leaning forward to try and see his face again.

"I- nothing." i frowned at his unsure tone.

"Lou, i don't know why you're pushing us away, i mean, yes you don't know us well but i can assure you we don't mean anything bad we just want to be friends." and hopefully something more- okay too soon for that.

"It's not that i just- Marcel i almost got you in trouble already i'm not good for you guys." he looked down with red cheeks.

"We wouldn't let an alpha disrespect any omega like that, that's just how we're raised. I would do it a million times again just to know you're safe." i realised how that sounded just after the words left my mouth. We both blushed a little bit and i noticed a small smile on his lips.

"You're not going to give up are you?" he asked and it felt like i was slowly breaking through the walls he build around himself even though i know there's a lot more hiding behind them.

"No, we won't." i smiled and i saw a tear escaping but he quickly wiped it away.

"I don't know if i can do this. I didn't have friends in a long time, i don't even remember how it feels, having friends i mean." i felt pain in my heart thinking about how lonely he must've felt.

"Do you want to come over at our house today? We enjoy your company." i asked and i could see that he was hesitant.

"You don't have to if you don't want to it was just a request." i said quickly. I don't want to push him too far.

"It's not that, i have work after school and i finish off late." he said and i took the opportunity.

"Do you want us to come and get you after? It' s really not a problem." i asked him slowly.

"If you really don't mind." he said and there we go, another small piece of his guard falling down and i couldn't help but give him a smile. He's such a sweet soul, how could anyone hurt such an innocent and delicate flower that he is.

"When do you finish?" i asked taking a pen to write it down even though i knew i would never forget.

"Oh yeah i finish at 8 pm." he said and i couldn't wait for that evening. I was hoping we could hang out after it, for a better reason this time.