Chapter 17

I can't believe I'm finally back with a new chapter T^T

If you're still here after the long break I took, I'm really thankful you decided to stick with this fanfic! Honestly? I missed you guys soooo much and I'm really happy to post again! Now that I'm done with my exams, I only have an interview for university and an entrance exam in May, but this won't require me to go on a break thankfully. However, just for the sake of my sanity, I will be posting only Fridays.

Also, no matter how many times I try to fix the order of the chapters, Wattpad always messes it up so I won't bother anymore, sorry for the inconvenience 

I hope you will enjoy this chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaeya felt nauseous. The world around him was spinning, he couldn't feel solid ground under him, keeping an iron grip on the first Archon he had managed to reach before they teleported away.

Coincidently, the Archon that was holding the stupid, stubborn person Kaeya was trying to reach. He didn't think twice about what he had to do. All that mattered was that he did not trust the archons. He had no idea what they were planning to do, but he was not about to let them go any time soon without following them.

Kaeya made the mistake of letting Venti and Dainsleif go alone. Rationally, he knew he wouldn't have been of much help, but he couldn't shake out of his mind the idea that he had accepted Venti's deal.

Then he had gone home and sat at his desk, staring at the shape of his hands in the dark, waiting for the wind to call for him.

It never did, and he should have expected it. He hadn't thought Venti and Dain would go immediately after the conversion Kaeya had with the Archon. Had he known, he would have never agreed. He would have fought harder; he would have proven himself to be even more stubborn than Venti. He had known that something was off the moment Venti had tried to talk him out of coming with them. But instead of doing the most rational thing, he agreed to the stupidest deal he had ever heard.

Kaeya sent an ice shard to the Geo Archon, thus distracting the God for a very brief moment. Moment brief enough, however, as he took the opportunity to immediately snatch Venti from the Geo Archon's hands, taking off the hand that was still clutching the Archon in favor of a better grip on his own God. Kaeya was lucky enough that he didn't get lost in limbo, as the traveler fortunately enough chose this precise moment to land. Kaeya hastily took a few steps back as soon as he felt solid ground under his feet. The knight put one knee on the ground, resting Venti still unconscious from against him as he pointed his sword at the archons, daring them to come any closer.

He knew very well they wouldn't, not when he was the one holding Venti. And he was armed.

Not that he would ever bring harm to the Anemo Archon, but that was beside the point. All that mattered for Kaeya now were the mighty archons standing in front of him while he glared at them, all of them wearing varying expressions of shock and anger on their faces.

Funnily enough, Kaeya felt like scoffing at them.

By his side, from the corner of his eye, Kaeya could see Diluc standing beside him, clear as day. Kaeya faintly remembered someone screaming his name and grabbing onto him when he latched to one of the archons. So Diluc must have been teleported with them, then.

The Ragnvindr glared at him very briefly, wielding his claymore in front of him in a defensive state, and Kaeya felt reassured that at least, he wasn't alone against gods. Even if Diluc disagreed with him on many levels, he was ready to stand by him and defend him when he did something reckless. Just like he used to do when they were still mere children.