03 - A recollection of events

October 10, 2017

Monday Morning 09:00 A.M PST.

You began your journey, your plan was to go looking around the house for a little while until you could find anyone that could help you on your investigation.

It didn't take much time for you to find what you were looking for.

''Oh, how can you be so flippant?''

''Flippant?! I'm taking this matter very seriously.''

It looked you stumbled into a fight between Damian and the Colonel. You normally were the kind of person that would not eavesdrop, being a person who respected others' privacy, but you did it anyways. Maybe it could help you to get to the bottom of this.

''Oh, don't give me that horseshit! I know you hated him, but... goddammit, he reached out to you!'' That was extremely uncharacteristic from Damian, from all the years from knowing him you probably had heard him swear two times. Maybe you didn't know him as much as you thought.

''Oh, what do you want from me, then?''

''Wh- I want you to care!''

''Just because I'm not weeping like a child doesn't mean that I don't care.'' It started to get a bit uncomfortable, for a moment you thought that maybe you should leave them alone, at least until they calmed down.

''I can't believe you. You come find me when you pull your head out of your ass!'' He angrily bursted out of the room, almost bumping into you. He probably was already immensely mad because he didn't even acknowledge or ask why you were there. He probably knew but at that moment he needed to blow off some steam.

You felt bad but didn't want to go after him, you thought that you should leave him alone for now.

Deciding that you must continue with what you were there to do in the first place, you stepped into the room. It appeared to be a theatre room, dimly lit. In one of the corners there sat the Colonel who seemed deep in thought, probably thinking about the previous events.

Without even looking up he warned. ''Damian, I don't- '' He finally looked up. ''Oh! Good to see you again!'' He stood up to meet you. ''You were quite the rapscallion at last night's festivities.'' He saw the look on your face and immediately knew what you were there to do. ''But you're probably here to help the detective with his 'investigation of murder.''' How did he know that you were working with the detective? Maybe Dmian told him before he stormed off? Before you could even consider asking him yet another thunderclap roared, you had to start warning people not to say that word. ''Anyway. I'll help you, I'll tell you what happened to our dear friend Mark.''

''Oh, look at me! My name is Markiplier now!'' The Colonel started flailing his arms around to emphasize his mocking tone. ''Forget all my friends or the people that helped me along the way; just look at my money!'' He definitely sounded like he had some kind of unresolved fight with Mark, it was far from the Colonel you met the night before. ''Oh, I need to pay people to be my friends! Ha ha ha! You like me? Too bad! Oh, glug glug!'' He made a motion as if he was chugging down a glass. ''Ooopsie poopsie! I can't hold my booze. Gotta go to the little boys' room. Who wants to join me?'' Well that's interesting.

''Wait, Mark couldn't drink? Why?'' You pulled him out of his tangent.

''Yes, something about his heart stopping or something. Will you let me finish my story?''

''Yeah yeah. Sorry, go on.'' You motioned to him to continue.

He cleared his throat before continuing. ''I'm gonna go up the stairs. My house has more than one staircase.'' He went back to his childish mocking tone. ''Oh, look at me and how great I am! Oh no, I'm falling! Aaah, I'm dead.'' You had to stop him from dropping down to the floor to emphasize his words. ''And that's what happened. Probably, anyway. So, if you need to corroborate this story with anybody else, just be on your way and investigate the entire house.'' The older one waved his hand dismissively at you. ''Go now. I'll be here when you're done.''