CHAPTER FORTY-SIX: ANDIE/SARGE

I followed Jesse over to a large bed at the far side of the bedroom.

"Sit down." He ordered softly. "I don't want you to pass out."

Why would I pass out over a piece of paper?

"How serious is this Jesse?" I asked as I sat down on the bed.

"I don't know." He said as he sat down beside me. "When I found it...I didn't think much of it, but then again I also didn't connect the dots until now." He said before placing the paper in my hand. "It's a note from Lavender."

"Why the fuck would he put a letter in the file about the Cure Incubator?" I asked as I looked down at the paper in my hand not wanting to anfold it.

"Read it and find out for yourself." He instructed softly.

I looked at the neatly folded paper in my hand, I was trying to willed myself to look at it

"It's okay Andie, I'm right here if you need me." He said placing his hand on my arm and squeezing it gently.

"Will you read it for me?" I asked with a hopeful smile.

"I've already read it Darling." He said with an amused smirk. "He left it for you to find."

"Fine, but just so you knew this is going on the list of why we can't be together." I said before unfolding the paper and looked at the heatly typed letters.

I knew you would come looking in my office Ally. You never did know how to mind you own business.
How's that little girl of yours? I was touch and go for a minute there, but hopefully it worked.
Tell her that Uncle Lave says hi, she'll knew who I am.
Remember when you used to call me that? I do, that's why I didn't want to have to choose you for the cure.
You were like a daughter to me and I ruined it... I'm sorry for what I did and I want to make it right.
I love you Allison...Please forgive me.
Now about the cure, this is important; So please pay close attention.
You have to be alive for the extraction, so no getting yourself killed.
Don't worry about the infected I'll make sure that they stay off your tail for as long as I can.
Plus they won't bother you. The cure is kind of a Zombie repelent if you will.
As for the Pain that you are experiencing, if you want it to stop...ugh...get pregnant.
I know, I don't understand it either, but that is the only way.
An orgasm can only get you so far Kiddo, so go all the way.
And don't worry about that Sarge fellow...I'll take care of him.
Truly yours;
Uncle Lave.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I said as I held my stomach.

"That's what I thought to - oh wait are you serious?"

"No... I don't know, he's trying to manipulate me again like he did when my parents first introduced me to him."

"And you're not going to fall for it because you're smarter now, but I think that that bit about the cure is trae...it fits with all the research."

"Even about what would make the pain stop?"

"Share the burden." He answered softly.

"What?" I asked confused.

"The baby would absorb some of the cure into it's blood thus getting rid of the pain, because you would be sharing the burden." He explained with a small smile...as if that was something to smile about.

"But what if there's not enough of my blood for everyone?"

"Then they would have to use the child."

"So it wouldn't be worth it." I said looking down at the letter still in my hands.

"Were you actually considering it?" Jesse asked almost shocked that I would so quickly be on board with it.