Window

I had just come home from school when i decided to relax and watch some videos on my phone and play some games on my Ipad when my mom yelled at me from across the house. ''Alison, I'll be outside with your dad!'' she said. ''Okay!'' I replied.

After a while of playing games i started to hear strange noises coming from the front of the house.''this house is kinda old, its probably just the AC'' i told myself, and went back to scrolling through social media on my phone. But again, around 10 minutes later, I heard the noises again. And again, i brushed it off.

Around 7 p.m. , just when the sun set, I got bored and thought ''Let's be such a great daughter and call mom and dad'' So i did.

''Hey sweetie''

''Hi mom, whatcha doing????''

''Just talking to your dad, why?''

''Hi mi amor!'' My dad said from the background.

''I'm hungry''

''well make yourself a snack, i see you in the kitchen window'' My dad chimed in.

My heart dropped when i heard that because this whole time i had been in my room.

''What?'' I said in a shaky voice

''Yes, we see you through the kitchen window''

I paused feeling too scared to talk. I have no siblings or any other family living with us. It's just me, my mom, my dad, and two dogs so who could it be at the window?

''Hello?'' My mom spoke up.

''Mom''

"yes?

"that's not me, I'm in my room and I've been in my room since i got home"

Just then i heard noises coming from the kitchen.

''I'm coming inside'' My mom said.

''Okay'' I replied.

I could hear the door opening and closing then complete silence.

''Alison?'' said my mom.

''I'm in my room mom.'' i said

My mom came into my room and told me there was nothing in the kitchen and that it was probably a shadow. But i think someone or something was in there pretending to be me or wanting to take my place somehow.

(This is a real story that happened to me just yesterday and it scared me. This story was smaller than planned but it also gave me an idea for a whole other book i could maybe write. Anyways feel free to comment any scary experiences you've had, I would love to read them!)