Knocking

I was sitting in my bed listening to music and singing out loud. I had just gotten back from school and my parents were on a date. They had just left around an hour ago and i was enjoying having the house all to myself. I'm the only child so i have no siblings to come knocking on my door to annoy me.

Around 10 minutes into my music session i heard a faint knock. It sounded kind of far off with my headphones on so i just assumed it was someone knocking at the apartment next door, seeing how the walls here are paper thin.

Another 10 minutes later i heard another knock,this time louder than the one before. But again i just assumed Mr. and Mrs.robertson,the neighbors,were having a family dinner or a family gathering of some sort.So i just turned the volume on my headphones up a bit to where i thought i wouldn't hear the knocking anymore.

10 minutes went by and i had taken off my headphones to give my ears a rest from my loud music. I was sitting on my bed scrolling through my playlist to find a good song to sing. When, again, i heard knocking. ''Ok this is getting annoying'' i said. Something was weird about the knocks this time though. They sounded even louder and a bit closer. I started to get a bit freaked out but told my it was probably coming from next door.

By this point i had heard the knocking every 10 minutes and each time they got louder. I started listening to them each time but the more i listened the more scared i became because it didn't sound like it was from next door anymore, it sounded like it was coming from inside my apartment. But that couldn't be possible because i am home alone, at least i think i'm home alone.

By now whoever was knocking was banging on a door somewhere,but this time the knocking did not stop. They just kept knocking and knocking and knocking until i finally realized the knocking wasn't coming from a door or window it was coming from inside my mirror. Someone was knocking from inside my mirror! I ran out of the room as quietly as i could as to not alert whoever or whatever was in my mirror that i had left. As soon as i exited the apartment i called 911 to tell them some freak was in my mirror.The police and my parents arrived in about 5-7 minutes but when they arrived and searched the house they found no one. They even took my mirror off the wall and found nothing but the wall behind it. My parents sat there hugging me telling the police if there was possibly a camera or microphone inside the mirror but the cops said to just get a new mirror and throw that one out.