Chapter Four: Rainy Days

It had been raining non-stop all over the city of Shadowcrest for over 24 hours now. As the dark gray clouds covered the skies, the residents of the town were advised to stay inside until the storm passed. With little notice of where it came from and no clue when it would end the safest thing for everyone was to stay inside except for essentials, and even then people were advised to not go places alone. Now this town might have never been one to 'work together' but they did all want to stay safe individually, so most of the people listened to what the news had to say about this freak storm.

Around 2:30 in the afternoon, Aria had finally gotten bored of being stuck inside. She stood by her window looking out at the storm that roared outside. As she peered off towards the east shore, she saw lightning flash off in the distance shortly followed by the rumble of thunder. The brunette jumped slightly at the roaring thunder that filled the space. With rain pouring down heavily, she could barely see the lighthouse that normally stood in her view out the window.

Turning back around to look inside her room again she pulled her brunette wavy hair up into a ponytail. Seeing the pile of clothes on the floor and having nothing better to do she scooped her clothes up into a laundry bag. Grabbing her keys along with a few other things she needed, she slipped on some shoes and headed downstairs in her sweatpants and t-shirt to the laundry room.

A bit later Aria returned to the laundry room after starting her laundry as it was now time to put her clothes into the dryer

A bit later Aria returned to the laundry room after starting her laundry as it was now time to put her clothes into the dryer. She walked over to grab her clothes from the washing machine and move them into a nearby dryer. As the thunder and pouring rain still rumbled outside, the anxious girl focused on the task in front of her to calm her nerves as best she could.

Rather suddenly, a young man came running into the laundry room, his clothes soaking wet, both on him and in his basket. He drops his basket on top of a nearby machine and takes a moment to catch his breath as if he had just run a marathon. "Phew... could have been worse.." He mumbled to himself.

Aria looked up from her laundry with a confused look on her face. She looked at the young man dripping with water before quickly looking back down. 'That's the guy from the coffee shop! Har- Harry? Harison!' She thought to herself. If anyone else was around she would pretend that she didn't realize that right away... but inside her head, that clicked immediately. 'He doesn't live in my building, does he? I haven't seen him around at all... Maybe I should ask him why he's here. No! Aria, that's a dumb idea, why would he want to talk to you.' Her thoughts circled around in her head as she stared inside the laundry machine.

The boy looked up and scanned the room to find that he wasn't alone. He too quickly recognized Aria as the girl from the coffee shop. The boy smirked as he ran his hand through his wet hair. "Well hello again..." His smooth voice rang.

Aria closed her eyes for a moment purely out of disappointment because she now has to talk to not just anyone but a boy.. a cute boy for that matter. But hey maybe this could go well... She looked up and turned around to face the boy from the coffee shop. "Heyy." She said as she smiled at him. "Whats.. up? I mean, what are you doing here?" She stumbled over her words as she looked at the laundry basket he brought with him. "You know I should stop talking..." She rubbed her arm, calming her nerves.