Chapter One: Welcome To Shadowcrest

Once upon a time, there was a small, quiet, town in Massachusetts, USA. This town was called Shadowcrest. It was a town of mystery. It's not on any maps, not on the internet, but it's there. Almost as if this town suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It's a small place, everyone knows everyone, or at least they should... Something is going on, a deeper mystery behind the glances, stares, and whispers of each resident. There's only one single road that leads into this small remote town. It's the only way in and the only way out. Because of this, Shadowcrest was kept very quiet. No one ever came, no one ever left. In this small New England town, everything seemed quite dull with nothing out of the ordinary.

It was a cloudy morning when a girl with pale skin scattered with freckles, wandered her way down the shore of the local beach

It was a cloudy morning when a girl with pale skin scattered with freckles, wandered her way down the shore of the local beach. Her deep brown hair which cascaded down her back in beachy waves, was swept off her shoulders as the cool breeze whistled past. The brunette spent a lot of time at the beach collecting seashells and other random objects that washed up along the shore. The girl looked out across the ocean, seeing the sun finally peeking through the clouds for a brief moment before the rest of the town would begin to wake. The girl stayed out there for hours, wandering as she looked at the different seashells and lost things that washed up on the shore. On this particular morning, she stumbled upon a rock that was engulfed in sea scum. The rock fit nicely in the palm of her hand. After taking a closer look, she looked off in the direction of her father's fishing shop to see if he had anything that could remove the scum. Who knows, maybe there would be something beautiful underneath. Scrambling as she gathered her things, the girl headed towards the docks, to the fishing shop.

 Scrambling as she gathered her things, the girl headed towards the docks, to the fishing shop

"Aria, there you are." The girl's father said as she entered the shop. The man with brown hair just like the girl, stood behind the counter counting the inventory of the store. He looked over at her with a relieved look. The girl clearly had been out for hours before meeting with her father.

"Hey uh, Dad do you have anything that could clean off this rock?" She asked.

He took a moment to examine the rock. "Maybe but why do you want to clean off a rock anyway?" He ruffled through the shelves of his shop in search of something that could potentially do the job. "There probably isn't anything interesting under all that." Clearly, he was not as interested in such small things as the girl was.