Plants - Sam and Darlin'

Tank has plants all over their apartment. They won't admit it but they love gardening. Their plants are everything to them.

One day when Sam was over and he'd stayed the night, he woke up to his mate having left his embrace. He got up and went looking for them only to find them fixated on a succulent that seemed to be struggling with staying alive as they sat on the floor.

"Darlin'? What are you doing?" He asked softly as he carefully studied their form. "Taking care of Henry." Tank stated not even sparing Sam a mere glance. Yes. They named their plants. "May I sit next to you?" Sam asked a smile creeping up his face as his heart warmed at the thought of this usually tough individual naming plants.

"You may." They said finally looking up at him. "If you want you can help me...?" They asked in a questioning manner, they generally didn't trust others with their babies but it was different with Sam. It always was, and you wouldn't hear a single complaint from them about it.

"I would love to Darlin', though I don't know much about healin' plants." They simply laughed at his dumb remark as they rolled their eyes. Tank kissed him lovingly before they got to work on henry and his sibling Ace.