(S1)~Chapter 7: Meeting a Future Rival

"Last time Marshall and the gang encounter Samurai who challenge Marshall to a Pokemon battle. However, the battle was interrupted by a swarm of Beedrill.  They had another encounter with Team Rocket, but they were foiled by the Beedrill attacking Jessie leaving Marshall to shield her. Luckily, both were saved by his Meatpod, who evolved into Butterfree. Now the gang was on their way out of Virdain Forest after being given the right path out thanks to Samurai."

*******

Marshall, Bella, and Misty were walking down an unpaved road leading out of Viridian Forest as Samurai directed them. Having finally escaped the Viridan forest in, delight to see Pewter City, home of his first gym battle. Marshall sits down on a rock taking in the view of the city up ahead.

"Yes! Pewter City!" Misty cheered, standing on Marshall's left.

"I finally can do what I was coming here before, focusing on my journey," Bella stated with a sigh of relief to be out of the forest as well.

Marshall was focused on the beautiful view of the city and thinking about his upcoming gym match when they heard a low mumbling voice.

"Pewter City grey, the color of a stone; this town has always been famous for stone," The voice said.

The gang turned to see a man with tanned skin man with a red beanie on, and a brown beard wearing a short-sleeved yellow shirt and green pants, along with worn brown shoes and shabby gloves. He was sitting by a shelf of rocks.

"Huh? What the

"Huh? What the....who thos buy and what's he doing here?"

"Never met him," Misty said.

"Me either, and I been here before but never seen him," Bella stated.

"The name is Flint, and you're sitting on some of my merchandise, young man," The man said, introducing himself.

"Oh, my bad," Marshall said, getting up from the rock.

He then looked closely and noticed the price labels on the displayed rocks.

"You sell rocks?" Bella asked, confused.

"They're Pewter City souvenirs; wanna buy some?"

"No need to find the Pokemon center," Marshall commented.

"Follow me. I will show you the way," Flint said.

"Thanks," Misty and Marshall said.

"By the way, that'll be a two-dollar charge for resting on my rocks," Flint stated.