A strange village

Don't get the poor man wrong. He loves his village and he loves living in there, but sometimes the elders exaggerate the stories a bit too much.

Like there's no way a ruthless kitsune who supposedly was once a great warrior and fought for the picturesque village turned into an evil yōkai who only wishes death upon the villagers. What made the kitsune change his old wise ways?

Tecchou has already sight like five times in a short period of time, but he can't help it. His little red-haired sister is retelling another legend about the white haired kitsune with red hair strands.

"Aren't you a little bit too obsessed with the yōkai living in the forest?" Tecchou swipes some leftover eggshells from a hot boiled egg that so comfortably sat on his laps.

"No way!!" Teruko pouts while angrily bitting on her portion of an egg...with the shell off, of course she's not as weird as her brother. "It's not like any of you let me go outside! I'm not that weak! I can take care of myself!" She still rambles on while her brother just smiles at her and pats her head.

"Then why do you have so many flyers of the kitsune then, kiddo?" Tecchou smirks at her reaction which was pure shock. "How do you know?!" She cries out.

"I'm your older brother! Of course I know. And please stop listening to the folklore that the old hag rattles on about" Tecchou per say wasn't that happy when their grandparent moved next door. Simply said they were...very miss understanding.

And Tecchou damn well knew that neither him or his little tomato can express themselves too much. It's not very accepting to be different from others here.

Before it was very a very accepting community. But all those myths and folklore drew so many nice people away. One way or another. The yōkai were and still are feared by many, and the kitsune is one of them.

"Don't you like him?" Tecchou suddenly snaps from his thoughts as soon as Teruko mumbled those words. "WHAT?!" It maybe was a bit too harsh for his liking but whatever he was in shock.

"Don't you think I didn't notice! I went into ur room and guess what!! I found old folklore books! Mostly ones about the snow haired kitsune!" Teruko blurts out.

"I.." Fuck.

"Fine...I did. maybe think he was a bit handsome! That's it!" His sister isn't that dumb she would have figured it out...

What he said was true tho. The stories caught the marked man's attention. And the portraits of the fox were just...mesmerising.

"Don't you even think of going out, mostly going out in the forest!" Tecchou adds. His little idiot of a sister has tried to escape the house many times unsuccessful but the little brat is quite smart about things like that.

"He would kill me. Wouldn't he?" She sighs. "He would. You're too annoying. And I heard he has sensitive ears...if he caught you he would probably detach his ears five second after comforting you." Tecchou simply replies like it's just a fact everyone should know.

"I heard he's blind" She quivers in her seat, she's bored. Way too bored..and scared. She's scared. Why? Of course because his brother works in the wild. Mostly the forest. And she's scared that he will enter the forbidden zone by accident.

"And has perfect reflexes and can coordinate in the wild. Plus he can hear very well and stuff." The brown haired moves from his seat to make himself some weird mix of a tea. Again.

"HES UNBEATABLE!!!" Teruko shouts from her seat. "But...do you think he's at the wrong for killing those villagers?" She shoots her head at her annoying brothers direction her eyes shinning from the sun that radiates on the windows .

"No. It's said that they planned to disrespect the kitsune in his own domain and try to kill him." The young male stretches while waiting for the water to boil. Still those were all just myths but there still had to be some truth in them, right?

"Plussss he would still trust us if it wasn't for those newcomers!" That accident almost led to the whole village getting destroyed.

By pure coincidence did the kitsune accept the offers that were sent with flowers. A very lucky coincidence.

"I want to meet him-" Teruko can't even finish her sentence when Tecchou interrupts "No. Never." He sends her a death glare. Teruko gulps and moves her red locks to the side slightly annoyed.

"But...his tails must be soft" The males mouth went agape when he heard that. The red hair just smirks at him and scurries off to her own room.

"What the fuck..." The poor man was shocked. Deep down he himself would like to touch the tails himself.

WAIT NO!!! THE KITSUNE IS A VERY DANGEROUS YŌKAI!! NOT SOME CUTE CAT HE CAN JUST PET ON THE SIDEWALK!

Anyways

Their house is small only because Tecchous parents died so he's the only person that can provide for him and Teruko because his grandparents aren't rich enough to help them.

"Teruko! Get your ass down! You haven't cleaned the kitchen yet!" No reply came. Frustrated Tecchou dismissed the ignorance as her sleeping. She might try to argue with him that she's perfectly fine and can help him out physically.

He knows that not the case. She often goes to sleep way too early and gets tired by even climbing the stairs.

The darkish haired man lazily grins at his own tiredness and takes a sip of his cup of hot tea.

"I'll just lay my head down for a bit..." Slowly he closed his eyelids and soon everything went dark.

A/n: IM SORRY IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE I WAS WRITING THIS STORY AT 2AM😭😭😭

This story was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest:

(I'm sorry I don't know the artist😭)