chapter three

Addison was in a rotten mood

Addison was in a rotten mood. The reason? Caroline Forbes. Apparently the blonde had run into her mysterious guy at the Night of the Comet Festival and now because of him she hasn't seen Caroline in two weeks. Every time she tries to plan something Caroline always comes up with some sort of excuse and Addison was sick of it. She knew the girl would be at the Founder's Ball at the Lockwood Mansion, so she decided she was going to ambush Caroline and get to the bottom of whatever was going on.

The party had already started when Addison seen Caroline enter with a dark haired man that she assumed was her mysterious man but as soon as she tried to approach her Caroline had disappeared into the crowd without a trace. Addison turned with a huff before running straight into somebody.

"Sorry, didn't see you there." Addison apologised, looking up at who she bumped into. It was Caroline's mysterious man. "Hey, I just saw you enter with Caroline. I don't believe we've had the introductions yet, I'm Addison. Caroline's best friend, and you are?"

"Damon Salvatore, Caroline's boyfriend." This made Addison raise her eyebrows. She was definitely tracking down Caroline now.

"Salvatore huh? You wouldn't happen to be related to Stefan by any chance?" Addison asked.

"He's my younger brother. Am I to assume you're buddies with my little brother?" Damon spoke, a smirk on his face.

"I wouldn't say that, we've just a few encounters here and there. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go find Caroline." Addison replied, walking off without giving the man a chance to respond. Addison had decided that there was something about the man that she didn't like and she knew for a fact that she needed to get him away from Caroline.

After what seemed like forever Addison spotted Elena and quickly made her way over to her.

"Elena! Have you seen Caroline anywhere? I can't find her." Addison asked once she reached the girl.

"Yeah I just saw her, she's in the upstairs bathroom." Elena explained.

"Thank you." Addison breathed out in relief before practically running to the upstairs bathroom.

As soon as she walked in she was greeted with the sight of Caroline in front of the mirror.

"Well well well, look who it is. I've been looking for you everywhere." Addison exclaimed, giving Caroline a look.

"Addy, hey...it's been a while. I've just been so busy with my new b-" Caroline started.

"Boyfriend? Yeah, I met him downstairs earlier. I gotta say I'm not a big fan. There's got to be something wrong with him if he's got you wearing scarves with outfits that don't need one." Addison interrupted, her hand reaching out to take off Caroline's scarf.

"Don't!" Caroline yelped in vain.

As soon as Addison made contact with the scarf Caroline moved away quickly, unintentionally revealing the top of a mark that was hidden by the scarf.