...When the Fightings All Done...

Rex stretched as he woke from his dream. Or, not really a dream. He was back in his memories of Elysium, practicing more with Pyra. Finally getting the hang of Burning Sword, Rex felt confident with his overall performance as Pyra's abilities became second nature to him.

Plopping down in an armchair in the hotel lobby, Rex got comfortable and fell asleep again. Rather then winding up in Elysium like usual, Rex was in nothing but a black void. Empty and dark, Rex felt alarmed at the sudden footsteps, echoing through the nothingness. "Boy."

Rex turned at the voice. "Malos..." he snarled. "What is this place?" Malos smugly smirked. "This is nowhere important." Malos said. "Just a little bit of black, for us to talk."

Rex drew his red sword. "I have nothing to talk about with you, Malos." Malos sneered. "Oh yes you do. We have a little something you'll be quite interested in. You'll come to the Olethro Ruins... alone."

"What the hell kind of moron do you take me for?" Rex snapped. "I'm not falling into some kinda trap like that!"

"Won't you?" Malos said, smiling as the void consumed him. Rex shot open in a cold sweat.

"Woah, sorry Rex!" Roc said. "Didn't mean to startle ya." Rex's breathing slowed down. "Nah, it's fine Roc, just had a weird dream..."

"Well, it's been going around lately." Roc said. "I dreamt of a fish sandwich last night. You and I probably just ate something funky." Roc said. "Anyways, just making sure you're alright. Most of the others are still in their rooms."

"Thanks Roc." The bird gave Rex a thumbs up before leaving out the door. Rex got up from the chair and cracked his knuckles, Malos words ringing in his head.

"We have a little something you'll be quite interested in."

"Won't you?"

"What are you up too?" Rex muttered, stepping outside. Breathing in some fresh air, Rex aimlessly wandered around town, waving to some friendly locals. before Cole approached him in a rush. The old man had trouble forming words as he rambled to Rex. "R-Rex! It's... it's... Iona! They... got her!" Cole shouted in between gasps for air.

"Easy Cole, what happened?" Rex asked tried to calm the old man down.

"Malos!" Rex's eyes shot open. "Malos got his hands on her! He... wants you at the... th-the..."

"Olethro Ruins?" Rex asked, already knowing the answer. "Y-yeah! Please! I... don't know what to do!"

"Relax... I'll figure something out. But rest assured, I will get Iona to safety. I promise."

"You do? T...thank you Rex..." Cole sat down, breathing heavily. "But... Malos is a dangerous man, and he probably has an accomplice. You must be careful, Rex!"

"I will." Rex said. "And I have an idea."

...

Rex walked up the steps to Olethro Ruins. The others were in tow, and once they reached the top of the ruins, they all split apart from Rex and waited. The plan was for Rex to get Iona out here, then they all rush in to get Rex out. As the others waited, Rex continued through the narrow hallway. Malos and Akhos stood waiting for him to arrive, and smirked when they saw he was alone. "Howdy, partner." Malos mocked.

"Where's the girl?" Rex demanded from his position in front of the hallway. Akhos pointed behind Rex, where Iona sat on the stone bleacher, her legs and arms tied up, and she was flanked by Obrona and Sever. "Akhos is the meanest son of a bitch that I know." Malos said. Rex could see the many bruises on the girls body and one single, large cut on her shoulder, where the shirt around the wound was stained red. "Let her go. Now." Rex snarled, restraining himself from attacking out of rage.