One-eyed Monster

"I'd like to direct everyone's attention here." Morag pressed her finger down on the large map spread out across the massive table in the Imperial palace's throne room. Everyone spread out on both sides to get a clear view of the map of Mor Adrain's Titan. "There is an abandoned factory here that has been shut down for years. People have reported seeing smoke pluming from the smokestacks connected to the factory, leading us to believe someone has moved in there. This is the direction Lila was flying towards, correct?"

"Yes." Tora said. "That direction Lila went."

"Whose to say she went to the old factory though? All we know is that she went in that general direction, but she could be anywhere by now!" Nia stated.

"Lila is not our main concern at the moment. We can deal with her once we deal with whoever is in charge of her." Brighid said. "Since, according to Rex, she ran that direction, it is reasonable to assume that there is somewhere safe for her that way. Like wherever the one controlling her is stationed."

"And that, is our target at the moment. Find out who is benefiting from Lila's robberies and shut them down." Morag said. "People have caught sight of barrels being shipped that way by a worker, Timmel. He is often delivering materials to the Nuclear Core nearby the main factory Alba Cavanich uses." Morag placed a small flag directly on the nuclear core. "We need you to go there and find out what you can from him."

"No problem." Rex said. "In fact, why don't you all wait here? I'll be back in a bit!" He was about to run off before Nia grabbed his helmet.

"Nice try. Knowing you, you'd get distracted by a another boat like you did with the Maelstrom. Tora and I are coming along to keep you in check."

"Ooh, junk shop is on way there! Tora could find all sorts of useful trinkets for Poppi!"

"Okay, maybe you won't be the one who needs to be kept on line." Nia placed a hand on her hip. "Feels like I'm babysitting half the time."

"Ha ha ha, shove it up yours." Rex snarked, before giving Nia a cheeky "just kidding" smile before walking away. Morag sighed, amused but not willing to show it.

"You best learn to watch your tone." Gramps said. "You've always had a tongue but that was uncalled for."

"Relax, Gramps, I know he was just joking." Nia said. "Besides, I'm sure that even he knows better then to talk to me like that."

"Yeah, yeah..." Rex shuddered, remembering that Imperial wanted poster back at Torigoth. Nia doesn't even have literal claws, but she still ripped that thing to shreds regardless.

"Be wary of the wildlife. There have been nasty Scorpoxes out lately, a team returned with a young man who took a stinger directly into his stomach. The toxin was strong enough to kill him before they could even reach the hospital."

"Meh..." Tora felt his gut twisting at Morag's grim story. "Friends! Must not go near Scorpoxes! Tora very tasty and vulnerable to poison!"

"We all are, Tora. Besides, no worries. Dromarch and I are here. I've removed Scorpox venom from wounds more times then I can count on my hands."

"Was it 11 times?" Rex nudged her with his elbow. Nia deflated, and gave Rex an annoyed look.

"Yes. It was 11... dick."

"Sorry, sorry! I'll make it up to ya. Dinners on me. Seafood or whatever you want."

"Hmph!" Nia crossed her arms, indignantly looking away. She smirked, before turning back to face Rex. "You know me so well."

"I try." Rex shrugged. "Anyways, let's roll. Days wasting!"

They waved bye to Morag before beginning their trek. They made sure to resupply their gear at the shops before continuing down the bridge. The soldiers stationed at the end gave them a nod as they passed, and after a scrap with a lone Scorpox, they made it to the Nuclear core.