Chapter 1: Broken and Beaten

I trembled in a corner, scared at what my horrible stepfather would do to me this time.

Moments after he came raging through the front door, he hit me multiple times in the stomach each with brute force. The punches were so hard I started coughing up blood. This is when I curled up in the corner. He went after me again, this time I took blows to the head. He was angrier than ever, I don't know if I will make through this beating (this is not the first time he had gone after me). After a few more blows he went to the garage to get a bat and this is my opportunity to make a run for it. I grabbed a black hoodie and ran out knowing he would be back very soon and chase after me.

After I ran a couple houses down I came across a house with its lights on so I went up and rang the doorbell. I heard a boy about my age say fro the inside, "I got it!" he opened the door and said, "hi I'm Trevor, can I help you?"

I girl said, "I need your help, my step-father was beating me. I ran and now he's chasing me."

Trevor yelled, "Connor hurry she needs our help! Hurry!" He had a scared tone in his voice. Right away an older boy came running to the door as Trevor explained everything. Immediately, the older boy, Connor, pulled me inside.

"Turn off all the lights, the tv, everything!" he yelled in an alarmed yet demanding tone as he ran to the fuse box and shut everything down. Everything went black.

Four other older boys and one older girl came to where they were standing asking questions. Immediately, Connor shushed them and looked out the window to make sure the coast was clear. I started to feel dizzy, everything started to spin. My legs go numb and I fall over. Everything goes black.

——-Connor'sPOV——-

Trevor and I were just sitting in the living, I was editing one of my videos. I'm not sure what he was doing he was on his laptop probably doing the same when the doorbell rang. Wonder who would be here at this time of night. It's a safe neighborhood so I figure it's not a burglar or anything. Then Trevor yelled, "I got it!" And went to open the door. I hear faint voices and then Trevor call out, "Connor hurry she needs our help! Hurry!"

I run over and see a young girl probably 13 or 14 covered in cuts and bruises Trevor was saying something all I heard was that she was being abused or something. I heard a man yelling. I saw him coming down the street with a bat so I pulled the girl inside and shut the front door and yelled, "Turn off the lights, the tv, everything!" as I ran to the fuse box and turned everything off.

With that everyone else came to the living room asking questions. I walked over to the front window to see if the coast was clear and when it was I went back to the fuse box and turned everything back on. When I came back everyone was quiet. They were all hovering over the girl who was now passed out on the floor from all her wounds. I decided to put her on the couch for the night and call the police in the morning. "Why don't you all go get some sleep I'll put her on the couch for tonite and call the police in the morning," they all went back upstairs and went to bed. I went over to the girl, picked her up bridal-style and layed her down on the couch and covered her up with a blanket. She looked somewhat peaceful. She's special I can tell. I'm gonna do anything I can to help her. I kissed her on the forehead then went upstairs to my room and went to bed.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/N: I hope you guys like it I decided to change it from what I originally wrote and I think its alot better now! An update is already on its way so stay tuned!