Chapter 12: Guru Parashuram's Curse

He was fast going towards his cruel fate. One day he was roaming with his teacher, Guru Parashuram. His old teacher was talking nonstop about everything of this world. He pressed his lips together and listened to him carefully.

He was soon leaving the ashram

He was soon leaving the ashram. Thus he wanted to utilize this spare time. His teacher had enormous knowledge of almost everything. He wanted to teach his pupil all. He knew the vast capability of his pupil too.

After some time Gurudev felt tired. He want to take a rest. Hence he sat down on the floor of a teak tree. His eyes were feeling heavy in sleep. He tried to search for something to put on his head desperately.

His pupil joined his hands and told him "Gurudev, you can sleep in my lap. I promise not to move."

Gurudev smiled aftectionately. He felt proud of his disciple. Then he sleep on the floor and nested his head on his pupil's lap. Instantly he fell asleep.

Karna sat silently

Karna sat silently. Birds were singing and dancing. Leaves were trembling in air. The atmosphere was soothing. But he felt restless. From tomorrow he was on his own. His teacher would not guide him anymore. What would he do alone?!!!

He was deep in thought when a big scorpion emerged from the tree track. It was roaming around and suddenly discovered two people taking rest. It became curious about people and it came out. It scattered around it's long legs and went directly towards Karna.

He heard a faint noise and looked at its direction. It was caming to him. He bit his lip. He could not want to make any sound. His teacher's sleep would be disturbed then. The sleep deprived Gurudev would be very angry on him. What to do??!! He was in thought at this very time.

The scorpion went straight to him and rode on his empty right lap. On his left lap Gurudev was still sleeping peacefully. It came straight to his left lap and by thinking something else it bit him hard. Within a second it made a deep wound on his lap. And blood started to pour down from his wound.

Karna bit his lip and tongue forcefully to stop making any sound. But the scorpion took the opportunity and bit him more hard there. Bloods were pouring down with more force. He tried to stop his urge of screaming. He did not want to disturb his teacher's slumber.