drunk on u (and on whatever gets u drunk in pandora ig)

it was getting late at the party you both attended. this was held for a mutual friend becoming a man, and you both congratulated him many times throughout the night.

there was music, dancing, and ofc drinks😮‍💨 Neteyam warned you to pace yourself on the tea (this tea gets u buzzed/drunk) but you weren't really listening to him. In fact, you encouraged him to let loose and have some fun! He was always being the responsible one, and you felt like he deserved to relax a bit.

Neteyam wasn't very used to drinking, actually both of you were pretty inexperienced. It wasn't long before you both got tipsy and were giggling to each other, he kept pulling you closer to him by your waist, kissing your cheeks and your face, and both of you tried to sway to the music (completely off-rhythm).

Eventually the friend cut you two off the drinks and sent you home with some food to sober up a bit, but neither of you minded. You enjoyed each-other's company, and went to find a spot somewhere to be together.

Once you stumbled across a nice spot within the forest, the trees standing tall around you, the plants glowing in the night, and the sound of a waterfall nearby, you knew you'd found your spot to chill for the time being.

"come closer to me y/n, come here", Neteyam smiled down at you as you practically glided toward him. He placed your head on his chest, both of his big hands on your waist, and you rested your arms on his shoulders, happy to just listen to his heart beat. He started softly swaying with you in his arms, and placed small kisses in your hair.

The two of you stayed that way for awhile, not wanting to move, and enjoying the atmosphere. But it was getting late.

"Neteyam, we should think about heading back soon, it's late and we shouldn't be so far out" you whispered against his chest.
He shushed you and mumbled back; "don't worry about it my love, if anything happens, you know i'll protect you".
He placed another kiss on your forehead and playfully spun you around, earning a giggle from you and he chuckled along as well. "But, you are probably right, as usual. We should head back"

You immediately noticed a mischievous look in his eyes, and he scooped you up in his arms to carry back home. "Neteyam, i can walk on my own" you playfully rolled your eyes and swung your legs to be dramatic.
"oh i know, but you had quite a bit to drink tonight. Let me take care of you, baby"
"you drank more than me, you better not drop me or trip on something", you retorted.

He seemed to be in a playful mood, and jokingly almost dropped you, which you did not find very funny. "Neteyam!! skxawng!"

he stared into your eyes with a pout on his lips, trying to make you feel bad.
"you don't really think i'm a skxawng, do you y/n? hmm?"

he pressed his forehead against yours and locked eyes with you, which made you cackle, and he peppers a million kisses on your face.

Once you made it back home, he laid you in bed and started helping you remove your jewelry. "I could do this myself, you know"
"i know", he said. "i just wanna help you"

after that was done, he climbed into bed and pretended to fall asleep on top of you. "Neteyam ur too heavy! shove over!" you laughed as he nuzzled his face into your neck, his favourite place to be. the two of you fell asleep like that, i'm each other's arms, happy and so inlove.

tomorrow hangover will be killer tho, and Kiri will be scolding you both on drinking. Jake will bang pots and pans outside your house to annoy his son, and encourage Tuk to join in so that Neteyam can't get too mad. Lo'ak finds this hilarious, obviously. Any chance to annoy his older brother is always welcome. Neteyam swears to never drink again.

THE END * i didn't update for awhile bc this fandom is kinda dying so i wasn't sure if ppl would still read but lmk if y'all are still interested bc i still like updating and i have a few drafts i can probably work on 😹😹😹 anyway this is gonna be embarrassing if no one reads this 🧍