the reign of the stars.

ASTRE MONARCH is a believer of everything beautiful.

Having lived a normal life in a normal household with a normal woman as her caretaker — just like the regular kid walking down a sidewalk of a mundane suburban street in the summer breeze, she always dreamed of seeing another world unfold in front of her wonder-filled eyes. And after discovering that she has the abilities to bring forth beauty, she wants everyone to see it — how the trees sing when the wind begins its role as the conductor, how the flowers twirl like ballet dancers in a perfect performance, how each and every thing thrums with life. It's almost baffling how the girl views the world in her rose-coloured glasses, eager and greedy to learn something new while a trio of students evade all the troubles and threats the halls of Hogwarts have in its arsenal. Even if she's a part of the tale of the chosen boy, she chooses to stay in her little world, with her twin brother preventing her from flying too far away when she finds herself getting lost in the throes of wisdom and unearthed discoveries.

It is with this choice to see beauty that she stumbles on a glacial boy with too much time on his hands and head held up high.

DRACO MALFOY can't begin to comprehend why the most popular girl in Hogwarts doesn't antagonise him like everyone else. Hell, even the most stupid student and his army of followers hates him so. However, this girl of sunshine and butterflies almost always smiles at him when their eyes catch sight of one another — cold silver and warm amber a stark combination. Nonetheless, he's heard of her way too much in a single day. With the girl's twin brother as his closest confidante and the only person to ever understand what it feels like to assume the role of Atlas or Achilles, he knows Astre's favourite colour (old rose), favourite beverage to drink on a winter day (an infusion of red lily tea and citrus and a dash of sweetened milk), worst fears (a dog), and her favourite book (The Little Prince). The list goes on and he doesn't want to complicate it further.

It doesn't help the fact that whenever they cross paths, he always looks back, watching the golden waves cascade and bounce with each step. The sillage of her favourite drink lingers in the air, luring him in like a bloody siren — a spellbinding siren with amber eyes and golden locks for days (no, not her twin).

Maybe this is the time that he can truly appreciate beauty when it's right in front of him.

In the form of this childish infatuation he apparently developed without him knowing.

He'd rather die than admit that out loud.

That is, if the most loved Slytherin, Altair Monarch, doesn't kill him first.

the triad: the brightest stars

i. astre cepheus monarch

the goddess of life and the one who breathes it to existence

ravenclaw

ii. altair polaris monarch

the uncrowned king and the unlikely hero who flew too close to the sun

slytherin

iii. draco lucius malfoy

the lover of the goddess of life and the harbinger of misery

slytherin

shining in their own right: those who make up the constellation

i. padma patil

ii. luna lovegood

iii. cho chang

iv. harry potter

v. hermione granger

vi. ron weasley

vii. blaise zabini

viii. theodore nott

ix. pansy parkinson

notes:

notes:

i am going to have so much fun with this bc this is the usual case of [one] falls first but [two] falls harder. with the tiny introduction, you can tell who's who. damn, i love writing oblivious characters who has too many problems on their plate to think about falling in love :>