o. the fall of a god

a history of purity

a history of purity.

Born of the sun, tendrils of scorching plasma encompassing every fibre and vein of their being, the flares visible in the limbal rings of their eyes — the bloodline of the Monarchs was nothing short of a legend, an embodiment of ancient magic that persevered even before Hogwarts built its pulsating fortress of protection and illumination.

With the wisdom of the forest, the ferocity of the flames, the calmness of the oceans, and the rapidness of rivers, those who bore such a name were masters of their craft — alchemists of royal households and embracers of the magic of nature. Nobody knew where they got their gifts but one could speculate that the ancestor who started the generations of talented wizards and witches was a descended god herself or possibly a child of the god of magic who ate a portion of the sun in her youth. Such purity was untouched by the outside, welcoming the purest of blood from anywhere around the vast map of the world. Their knowledge of ancient magic stayed in them and only them. Being born from their blood was a blessing from the very watchful eyes above in the canopy of the heavens.

The Monarchs was a matriarch.

If God was a woman, She would have the ever-knowing pair of amber irises overlooking her subjects from her raised platform. The ground would sprout blossoms when she stepped, barefoot to further connect herself with the earth. They were a pretty bunch of individuals — hair as golden as the rays of sunlight, eyes holographic with the colours of the sunrise and sunset, and skin as luminescent as the glow of the Earth's luminary. If the colour gold was a human, it would be them. They were royalty amidst tumultuous waters of noble-people craving for just a glance from them. And in every generation was an heiress blessed with ancient magic enclosed in every inch of their skin, passing down the adage to their daughters that perfection and elegance equal power — that it commands respect and attention. The Monarchs were as ruthless to their kin as they were beautiful in both soul and outward attributes. For they believe this cycle would make them separate from the rest, not knowing the consequence of their actions brought on their children.

It was this seeping ancient magic and purity that many Dark wizards threatened to make their bloodline extinct.

Grindelwald tried and failed. Many did. The Monarchs' home was a hidden world of its own, full of enchantments not even the most skilled wizard could ever crack.

But it was during the reign of the century's most feared Dark wizard that each of the Monarchs' lights was snuffed out like candlelight. With the protective spells around the Monarch Manor weakening with the snapping bonds of the family members, the Dark Lord slithered in and took away every pride and joy the walls of the manor boasted. Until he stopped at two cribs, two pairs of differently-coloured eyes peering through the barricades of their little cages. The exhilaration of having brought an ancient god to her knees created the snake-like excuse for a grin on his face, the cries of the babies shrilling through the echoing walls. He poised his wand in the air and the children's cries were no more.

Until a young girl born of the sun, tendrils of scorching plasma encompassing every fibre and vein of her being, and flares visible in the limbal rings of her eyes woke up from the memory of the downfall of a once-revered little kingdom.

notes:

because i had my priorities all sorted out (joking and sarcastic since i have an exam tomorrow meh), i revamped monarchy !! woohoo :> it will retain some of the elements of this fic's previous plot but a lot of things will change because i was a naive little shit back when i started this. as you can see, i mostly changed the history of the monarchs as well because the last one didn't sit right with me. astre's house will be different, too, as well as the people she will surround herself with. her twin brother's name will be changed and it will be a completely unoriginal name that i have used in my other tumblr fics oop.

things to remember now that monarchy is a completely different story than the past:

1. bellatrix and narcissa are lestranges from birth (yes, bellatrix will be married to one of her relatives if that is the case because let's be honest, their bloodline is a fucking mess).

2. ethan polaris monarch will now be altair polaris monarch.

3. the plot of this book will start with the prisoner of azkaban (yes, my favorite, shh).

4. astre will be in ravenclaw <3 (i'm excited to write things about my house now woo).

and so far, that's it lmao.

enjoy reading this new version. you guys have my current obsession of draco malfoy to thank for.