chapter Seven:

The next day...
Seiya woke up and stretched. He looked beside him, and Kyouya was next to him asleep.
"Kyouya-san?"
Kyouya woke up, and he smiled.
"Why the hell is he here," Seiya thought as he stared at him.
"Good morning, Seiya," he said with a bright smile.
"So bright. Why such a handsome face so early in the morning," he thought as he blushed.
"Why are you in my bed with me,  Kyouya-san," Seiya asked.
"Well, you were almost killed in your sleep, but thanks to my barrier around the castle, I can sense those bloodthirsty bastards," Kyouya said with a smile.
"So you're here because?"
"Well, you're sleeping face was too beautiful. I couldn't help but take advantage of it," he said as he grabbed a strand of Seiya's hair.
Seiya blushed more and pulled it away.
"Look, I don't know where you get your eyes checked, but what the hell about me is beautiful," Seiya said.
"I'm going to get changed, and then we can head to the guild," Kyouya said.
"Ah, that's right, the guild," Seiya thought.
"Yeah, but."
"See you at the gate, and I'll send Ryuga."
Kyouya teleported before Seiya could continue. Seiya sighed.
"Kyouya is an idiot," he thought.
After he finished getting ready, there was a knock on the door. Ryuga opened it, and Seiya was in the middle of braiding his hair.
"Good morning, master," He shouted.
"Don't call me that."
"Master, why can't I call you Master," He asked with a pout.
"Just, please don't call me that. It's off-putting, to say the least," Seiya said while holding his head.
After a while, Seiya and Ryuga made their way down the hall. The servants bowed as they walked through.
"Why is that dragon bred with the hero," some of them were whispering.
Seiya glared, and then he looked towards Ryuga, who was smiling.
"Don't worry about that, Master. I'm used to the discrimination against my clan. But in reality, humans are jealous of the mana capacity of the Rune Dragon clan," Ryuga said with another smile.
"Still," Seiya said before clenching his fist.
"Good morning, Seiya-san," Aya said as she was walking up from behind.
Next to her was Yuzen.
"Good morning, Aya-san," Seiya said.
Yuzen noticed the servants whispering about Ryuga.
"Hey, I know that you, who aren't even nobles, are not discriminating against a count from the Rune Dragon race. There is a law in play that protects against discrimination, if you break the royal decree, the only punishment is death," Yuzen said as he moved a hand toward his sword.
Ryuga patted Yuzen on the head. He smiled.
"Vice-captain," Yuzen said while blushing.
"It's fine."
Yuzen looked towards Ryuga as he removed his hand. Ryuga crossed his arms.
"But vice-captain," he said.
"Yuzen, let this be a warning to them. You humans, I would like to let you know who you are discriminating against. My name is Daikichi Ryuga, vice-captain of the Reinheld Royal Knights, count of the Rune Dragon race," Ryuga said.
They went to their knees in fear.
"The vice-captain of the royal guard, we apologize for our discretion. Please have mercy," they begged.
"If I hear any more comments about race or status coming from your mouths, then I will hold you accountable for having defied our royal empire's decision in security," Ryuga said with a sinister smile.
"Yes, Ryuga-sama," they said before running away.
"To think there were still people like that," Yuzen said with a sigh.
"How could they discriminate against the vice-captain? He's so cool," Yuzen thought with a slight blush.
"Now that I think about it, Yuzen is kinda cute. But my heart is devoted to Minoru-chan," Ryuga thought.
"Good work, Yuzen," Aya said.
"Thank you, Aya-sama," he said as he placed his right fist over his heart and left arm behind his back.
"So, Seiya, are you heading to the guild?"
"Yeah, Kyouya-san said it was necessary if I wanted to fight against demons and earn money," Seiya said.
"Yeah, even royalty is powerless against the guild. If nobility is not signed with the guild, they can be stripped of their status and wealth. They can also be imprisoned for avoiding taxes," Aya said.
"So the guild is basically like the Treasury and job distribution center?"
"Yeah, that's right, I'm an S-rank member myself," Aya said.
"Oh, so there are different ranks," Seiya asked.
"Yeah, there ranks from low-tier E class to high-tier S rank. I'm in mid-tier S rank, not the strongest or weakest S rank member but average. Brother Kyouya is a high-tier S rank, while Brother Takeru is a mid-tier S rank. Takeru is a bit stronger than me though
Yuzen is the same rank as me, and he's pretty strong as well," she said with a smile.
"I thought you seemed pretty tough for a princess. You see, where I'm from, princesses in different books or scripts were always reliant on the male lead and were rescued by them from a dangerous situation. I'm glad to see this world's strength isn't limited by gender," Seiya said.
"Well, I definitely could not defeat you or my brothers, but I can protect the weak when necessary. Anyway, you shouldn't keep brother Kyouya waiting. You're going with him to the guild, right," Aya asked.
"Yeah, I'll catch you later, Aya-san," he said.
"Ai-chan is fine, Sei-chan," she said.
"I rather call you Aya-san, your family's protective of you quite a bit," Seiya said.
After reaching the front gate, Seiya saw Kyouya wearing the royal knight's uniform and armor. He had his arms crossed as he was leaning against the wall.
"You kept me waiting for quite a bit. Did you forget about me, Seiya-chan," he asked.
"No, I had a conversation with Aya-san," Seiya said with a sigh.
Kyouya smiled.
"And don't call me Seiya-chan."
"Why not? It's cute."
"No, it isn't."
"Geez, these two are flirting in broad daylight, but if only I could flirt like this with Minoru," Ryuga thought.
Kyouya opened the gate.
"Come on, let's take a walk," Kyouya said as he grabbed Seiya's hand.
"Sure," Seiya said before getting dragged through the gate.
The guards stood straight as Kyouya and Seiya walked passed them.
"Don't tell Takeru about me and Seiya's adventure," Kyouya said with a dark expression.
"We won't, captain," they shouted.
"Good," he said.
Ryuga followed behind them as he sighed.
"I'm pretty sure that bastard already knows," Ryugathought.

Meanwhile...

A knight from the Royal Guard was in Takeru's study. He was kneeling on the ground. 

"Greeting to the first prince of the reinheld empire, Takeru-sama," the knight said.

"So, my brother has taken the hero to the guild," Takeru asked. 

"Yes, Takeru-sama. Seiya-sama was leaving for the guild with Kyouya-sama and Ryuga-sama. I could not follow. I could sense that Kyouya-sama was wary of my movement, and he would glance in my direction even when I hid my mana."

"My little brother is a bit cocky, it seems. To think he would take him to the guild without telling me. Well, I have an idea. This guild trip of theirs might work in both my favor and Seiya's."

"Um, what is this idea, sir?"

Takeru stood up. 

"I'll be going to meet with my father to discuss, Seiya-san's noble rank," he said with a smile.

"Yes, sir."

Meanwhile...

After walking to a huge building, Seiya was surprised at how many people were inside. He saw many boards with different requests on each. Each board was filled to the edge with different requests. People were standing in line for tax reasons, and there were people in line for job assignments and registration.
"Hey, it's not that busy today. How nice," Kyouya said.
"What, so this amount of people is normal," Seiya thought.
"We should get in line for registration, trust me, even as the prince, I cannot change the rules of this guild. It's been established before my family was in the royal registry. No matter the nobility rank, we must be equal inside the guild to ensure fair judgment to those around us," Kyouya said with a smile.
"Isn't that Prince Kyouya," some people were saying.
"Why is the prince here," others were saying
Then they saw Seiya.
"Another handsome man is here as well," a few women whispered.
"That guy over there next to the prince is quite the beauty," a few men thought.
They stood in the registration line, and there were many children in line as well. Most of them were abandoned by their parents and tried to do jobs to support themselves. A guy pushed a small child out of the way and slammed his fist on the desk.
"Hey, didn't I say who I was? I'm the Teruhashi Marquis's son,  Teruhashi Nagi. Why the fuck should I have to wait behind these fucking peasants, especially behind a worthless orphan," the guy shouted.
The guy was huge, and he had a huge muscular build. He had large armor plates on and wore a green robe. He had black hair and brown eyes. He was known for his horrible personality.
"I'm sorry, sir, even if you were royalty yourself, the law is that no nobility rank has any power in the operation of this guild," the desk lady said.
"Yeah, I was here. First, you shouldn't hit kids, you asshole," the little boy he pushed shouted.
The little boy had long unkept red hair and blue eyes. He wore brown clothing with holes and looked very malnourished.
"Huh, should I send you flying," he said before grabbing his collar.
Seiya grabbed the man's wrist.
"Let go of the child, now," Seiya said.