37. Kingdom

Daman POV

She landed at the airport, that seemed to be carved out from, and into a single mountain. The flights were limited and domestic only.

Ekansh had booked a ticket for her and Tejasveer and told them to take control of the situation while she had insisted to drive the distance, a little less than 600kms.

He had stayed back, to take care of his niece and nephew as he had already promised his sister.

Harmeet had already gone to the wedding in her native village after another arguement. She was used to Daman being quiet and nodding her head, since Sangram passed away. This confidence was new.

"Mom..." Tejas said as he pointed to a guy standing in what seemed like a white short sherwani, ending half a foot below his waist with white loose pants and a similar colored cap on his head.

He held the board, with the name, Dr. Daman and Tejas on it.

She pushed the trolley towards him.
"Mam, are you Dr. Daman?" He asked as she nodded.

"I am."

"Sat sri akal madam ji. This way please." He said taking her luggage, as she kept her handbag. He made his way to a beautiful black G-wagon standing in all it's elaborate beauty and pristine alloy wheels.

The baby seat was already set in, as she put in Tejas, and sat besides him.
The driver looked at them through the rear view mirror.

"Madam, shall we leave?" He asked, as she smiled.

"Yes please." she said and looked at Tejas ready to sleep after being panicky in the short flight. Tejas hated flying, like his father.

His father was in Navy, but she wondered what if he had to somehow go in airforce. That would be an excruciating journey.

"How far is the house?" she asked, as he looked at the left side of his view.

"Five minutes." He said as she saw the extravagant white and grey stone building, he was gesturing to from afar.

It had atleast five stories, and modern architecture combined with pattern engraved pillars supporting the building.

She had asked Ekansh to book a room in the nearest three star for them, and he had clearly refused. He had stated that it was not safe, and if he ever visited her that would be reason for a scandal.

The road had varied houses big and small, new and ancient, lining the sides with greenery and trees.

"Tej, we're almost there. Sleep in your bed after meeting everybody." She said as he blinked at her thrice. "Good boy"

The gate towered at over 12 feet, opened for the car as they drove in beside a trimmed lawn in the middle and a driveway on both sides. The walls were as tall as the gate, with ornamental regional trees on the inner side planted, with flowers at their feet.

The basement and ground floor had no entrance as the car went up a ramp lined by exquisite pillars. she had see from afar. The car came to a halt more than half a kilometer from the main gate, infront of a large wooden door carved with antique handiwork.