Chapter 13: Anger Management

The sun shone brightly the next morning. Rani opened her eyes, and blinked at the light. She felt something warm under her. She looked down, and saw she was sleeping ontop of Kion.

Rani was confused. She then remembered what happened the night before, "Oh no! What have I done! Im going to be in so much trouble!" She got off of Kion, and paced back and forth.

Kion no longer felt Rani's soft fur. He yawned and woke up. He flipped onto his side, and saw Rani pacing back and forth, and worried expression on her face.

He yawned again, "What's wrong Rani?" Rani's eye's widened and she looked at him, "I made a huge mistake!" "What are you talking about?" Kion sat up.

"We both know I'm being betrothed, and my mother most definitely won't let you back into the competition. And if she does, you might not win! This is horrible!" Rani was shaking with nervousness.

Kion rubbed his nose with his paw, "I don't see what the problem is," He yawned again. "Kion! This is serious!" Rani shouted.

Kion licked his paw and drew it over his ear, "Not really." "Kion stop acting like this! I need you to be serious!" Rani said.

"Yeah, and I'm seriously not worried. It's fine Rani," Kion replied. "I don't think it is Kion! What if my dad finds out! He would kill you!" Rani shouted.

"Ok fine. What do you propose we do?" Kion asked, sitting up straight. "How should I know! This was just an accident. You shouldn't have even challenged me to try and pin you! Then we wouldn't be in this mess!" Rani growled.

"Hey, you and I both know we had a great time last night, and you can't deny it, so I don't understand why you're mad at me. Besides, you could have said no and I would have respected that, but you didn't!" Kion argued.

Rani froze. Kion was right. She could have just said no. But she didn't. Rani sat down, staring at her paws.

"Wait no I'm sorry! I didn't mean to yell at you!" Kion nuzzled her. "No Kion, it's not that. You're right. I could have just said no. This is my fault, not yours," Rani sighed.

"No, it's my fault. I suggested that. I'm sorry," Kion apologized. Rani took a deep breath, "Ok, I just need to calm down. It's fine. We just can't let anyone know, and we just need to act like nothing happened last night."

Kion nodded.

Kion heard a growl. He turned around, "Zin!" He shouted. "You got with Rani last night didn't you!" He growled. "W-Wha...N-No," Kion lied. Zin approached him. Kion backed up.

Animals of all types gathered around after hearing the commotion.

"You're trying to cheat your way into winning!" Zin roared.

Baliyo sat next to Rani. "Baliyo!" Rani said shocked. "I've just got two words to say about Zin," Baliyo stated, "Anger Management." Rani would have laughed if it was about something else.

Kion backed up from Zin, but animals blocked his way. He looked up. Zin growled furiously at him.

"I'm going to teach you about what happens what you cheat!" He growled. "I-I wasn't I-" Kion stampered. Lying only just made things worse for Kion.

Zin was about to hit him, but Rani ran infront, "Don't attack him! I'm not going to spend another month healing his wounds!"

Zin sheathed his claws when Rani ran infront of him. He growled, "Fine." His tail lashed in annoyance.

"Stay away from him," Rani growled. Zin walked away. Rani turned to Kion. His eyes showed fear, but his body didn't show fear.

The animals left when they realized a fight wouldn't go down. Rani gently stroked Kion's cheek, "Hey you alright?"

"Uh Y-Yeah I'm fine," Kion replied standing up straight. "C'mon, let's talk to my mom and see if you can compete again," Rani said. Kion nodded. They walked to the tree.