Chapter ~2~

"Well what's the motto?"

"Nothing what's a motto with you?"

Donald Gennaro watched the two of them as they waited in the lobby and quickly found himself having to force his eyes off her a multitude of times

Donald Gennaro watched the two of them as they waited in the lobby and quickly found himself having to force his eyes off her a multitude of times. Mostly due to Malcolm's eyes warning him silently.

"Henrietta Brady.... You look an awful lot like -"

"Marino." She lifted her chin and Ian leaned back in his seat enjoying her confidence. "That is my fashion line."

"Oh." Donald Gennaro, as low versed in fashion as he was couldn't say that he hadn't heard of the brand. Nor could he say that he didn't know exactly how intelligent the designs were. Donald Gennaro had a sister who was currently raving about that Fashion Line in particular.

It was an up and coming fashion that was barely starting to get exposure, although the fashion world was a hit or miss. Her husband's connections and her own raw talent were making her more well known.

"You heard of it?" Ian asked shifting slightly making Donald Gennaro's eyes flick back up from Henri's bare legs.

"Yeah, here and there. Is that the brand of shoes?" Gennaro asks concerned about Dr. Malcolm's posturing over the female. The female who didn't notice instead sticking up her feet.

She gestured to them. "I added a special padding inside and made sure to study the dynamics of how we balance in heels so that they're comfortable! And the buckles call for less need of being tied!" She rambled off excitedly. "Overall they're perfect to run in!"

Gennaro's brows furrowed. "Why would you need to run in heels?"

"Well it all boils down to a very important motto."

"One developed in high school might - Oof!" Ian grunted when Henri elbowed him for interrupting her.

"Well what's the motto?"

"Nothing what's a motto with you?" Henri giggles before turning and telling Gennaro. "If I'm going to run from the cops, I need to look good while doing it."

Gennaro chuckles asking when someone like her would ever need to run from the police and her face flushed red as she shrugs. "Legally, I'm not going to answer that question. If I wasn't caught back then, I refuse to be caught for it now."

"Well there's the Statute of Limitations that could help you?" Ian offered playfully.

"I don't know how that works Nerd."

Ian laughs and she slides back into her seat smacking Ian's hand that had slid around her shoulder. In response , instead of allowing his arm to rest on her shoulder, it was on the seat, hovering and not touching Henri.

"So since High school?" Gennaro asks curiously watching the two of their interactions, and mostly wanting to get down to why Ian was so protective of the girl.